What big car for a small budget???

stuart21

No!

really?

must be pure fluke that weve had 2 in the last 2 months, both under 2k and both with service history.

the 2.7t was a real cracker too... only 80000 miles. went out at £1500. just a shame it only did 23 to the gallon around town.

Edited by brett1985

Dont get me wrong, they hold their value well in most circumstances, but with regards to the 2.7t your talking about a very thirsty car and with fuel prices being what they are the forecourt resale value is next to nothing. couple that with the cost of getting the car MPC'd and then valeted to put out for sale and your on a loser.

hence the reason the trade in value on them is a pittance to the cars real worth.

if the owners had sold it privately, they may have got more for it, but i think sometimes its easier for them to just trade it in. usually, when customers are trading in a 13 year old car against a brand new one they couldnt care less about the old one as theyre so excited about the new one.

perfect example is the S8. look at the used prices on those bad boys... 2007 S8 with all the bells and whistles, cost about £80000 new, you can pick them up now for less than a new kia.

• 4 weeks later...

The disco swop fell through, so I sold mine. I ended up buying an x reg merc e class estate, which has a bit of rust, but mechanically sound and I only paid £900 for it.

Fingers crossed it won't cost me too much and I can get another landrover in the new year.

Thanks for all your advice!

audi allroad..

possibly the best 4x4 system in the world, plenty of room and its like driving an armchair.

My neighbor just sold his he has had it for several years but had some problems I think with the suspension on it he has a suberu overland looks like a nice car but in truth buying a car second hand is down to luck it may look and drive good when you get it but it may also drop you in all sorts of trouble and expense.