Faulty new browning??

a303

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you hear about it mate?

I noticed mine last week, so took it back to the dealer to see what they say. They allowed me to see 4 other B725's they had in the racks and all of them had the mark (dent!) in the chamber caused by the proof stamp. Their opinion is that they're all like it and the gun is perfectly safe to use.

Not very confidence boosting like you say, so mine will be going back to the dealer, for them to send back to Browning for inspection. Having spoken to Browning this morning, they say this is something they haven't seen before.............

Would be interesting to hear what other 725 owners have to say about it as well and whether their barrels show the same marks.

As far as I'm aware they do have chrome linings, not sure whether a repair can done on chromed barrels though.

I've just spoken to another dealer who often sees my custom and they gladly took a few Brownings off the racks to inspect the chambers; no dents/marks to be seen. On new and second hand guns.

Taking of chrome linings, the dealer I bought my gun from explained that the chrome lining in the bores will show up any imperfections in the chamber and barrels. Surely a new gun shouldn't have any imperfections in the barrels? Especially a dent from the proof stamp?

Good luck with your gun troubles mate.

I would be upset with a mark in the barrel on a new gun. But then again I'm upset with the engine turning wearing off only one side.

Best of luck in getting it sorted but I have a feeling that browning will say its 'normal' just to avoid having to replace the barrels. If it is a wide spread problem imagine how much it would cost them to replace all of the affected ones out there.

post-71546-0-13586600-1410290999_thumb.jpg

Hello mate, this is my barrel. Sorry for the thread hijack, but it maybe worth investigating when you eventually get your gun back. Or, if it's still with BWM, have them take a look. The dents can be seen on the side of the bore/chamber. Some impact of the force cone. (Iphone pic, apologies again)

Other B725 owners watching a303's thread with interest may also be interested in checking their barrels too.

Incidentally, my barrel shoulders aren't showing the wear yours are showing. Mine being the S1 it doesn't have the engine turning/jeweling.

Regards

Chris.

Edited by B725-chris

Still waiting to hear back................

Don't worry about the thread hijack,

It will be interesting to hear if anyone else's guns are affected by the stamping.

From your picture it does look to have a sizable lump there.

Has your gun been returned yet?

ZW same as mine.

They come over in batches so you would assume that they get proofed in batches.

Bet a ****** off fella in the proof house has been taking his frustrations out with the stamping machine.

When you return the gun to the rfd can you take not of the last two digits of the affected guns and then post it here?

It should give us all an idea about how many are affected.

Does anyone know anyone who can pass knowledgable judgement on what if any issues could be caused by bulge in the chamber area?

As I understand it, ZW denotes 1 and 4. So I'd guess our guns are 2014 build. I've spoken to a few B725 owners now who aren't having any issues. They enjoy shooting their guns also. And have bought from the same RFD.

I'll see what the RFD says about checking there guns on the wall. Chances are if the shops busy they'll want to get the handover done quickly, they know I'm on my way and for what reason.

Mark, can you check your last 2 digits and report back? Your barrels sound like how mine should be lol.

The support I had from Browning last year over a fault with my XS was awful, for a major brand they are shocking, good luck.

But as it's been said, legally your issue is the responsibility of the retailer and not the manufacturer. (Sale of goods act)

Trading standards will help you, failing that, take the dealer to court, it's relatively cheap to do, they usually sort it before they get in court.

Hope it works out :-)

As I understand it, ZW denotes 1 and 4. So I'd guess our guns are 2014 build. I've spoken to a few B725 owners now who aren't having any issues. They enjoy shooting their guns also. And have bought from the same RFD.

I'll see what the RFD says about checking there guns on the wall. Chances are if the shops busy they'll want to get the handover done quickly, they know I'm on my way and for what reason.

Mark, can you check your last 2 digits and report back? Your barrels sound like how mine should be lol.

Mines a "ZY" 2012 model.

The only complaint I have with mine that it's still incredibly stiff to open both the catch & break the gun. Hasn't got any easier over time.... Yet the lever has been moving around towards the 6 postion as expected.

Not sure if it's me being fussy or worth it having looked at. Still I want a 28" Black Edition which I planning on doing when I see one / can afford too.

I must say I have a new 725 black edt' and I have no issues with it at all. Yes there is some slight marking on the pretty stuff (diamond shapped stuff) on the side of the barrells but only what i beleive as general wear nothing excesive. I wonder if A303 had greased or oiled the side of the barrells/ejector area?

Yes we have an update.

To cut a long story short...

Dealer sorted it out in the end off his own back, in allowing me what I paid for it against any other gun.

So new gun is on order, I'm paying the difference and it will hopefully be here this week. And it's not a Browning.

I'm satisfied with the outcome and faith has been restored in the rfd.

Hopefully this time I'll be able to actually enjoy the experience of buying and using a brand spanking new gun.

Due to this experience lets just say I'll be giving anything Browning a miss from now on.

Regarding the Browning hit squad,

If their efficiency is anything like the warranty repairs, I best come out from under the bed.

Probably shoot themselves whilst kicking in the front door.

Regarding the oil or grease on the side of the action.

The gun was cleaned and relubed after every use with G96 gun oil paying particular care to that area.

Guest rimotu66

Heathen

You shouldn't replace an Ultra XS!!

you are allowed to add to the collection though

:shaun:

I know you are a fan of them Shaun but I am struggling with it, I think its just to heavy for me and I am to slow with it on fast birds, I am a short *** with short arms but a 42" stocky (read as fat) chest, not really sure what to do.

a303 , pleased to hear you got a result with your gun :good: