Long Netting (at it again)

farmer

Out again last night with the long nets only managed 19 exactly the same amount as last week :good: Probably be the last outing now until the Autumn, give the little beggers chance to re-group and breed,breed, breed :good: then we'll be back to thin em down again :good: we've taken 216 rabbits out of these orchards since the new year and i've yet to do parts of them, hopefully we'll have a good few evenings at em in the summer with the air guns :good: that'll be on those lovely sunny evenings just chilling out and potting the odd bunny off :yes:

All The Best Phil

"Only managed 19", that is still a good result for a long netting session. :good:

I use to have more escapees when long netting, than when purse netting.

Its interesting how early we are stopping nowadays.

Once we would ferret hard until late March, early April.

There are only a few odd young showing round here and very few milky does.

Whilst I don't like entering ferrets where there might be kits ( inviting a lay-up), I don't think it dramatically affects next "season" numbers.

"Nature abhors a vacuum" and gaps get filled in very quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
Out again last night with the long nets only managed 19 exactly the same amount as last week :lol: Probably be the last outing now until the Autumn, give the little beggers chance to re-group and breed,breed, breed :lol: then we'll be back to thin em down again :lol: we've taken 216 rabbits out of these orchards since the new year and i've yet to do parts of them, hopefully we'll have a good few evenings at em in the summer with the air guns :lol: that'll be on those lovely sunny evenings just chilling out and potting the odd bunny off :lol:

All The Best Phil

I would be well happy with 19 not had many in the last month just need to get into the swing of things again well done man :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are only a few odd young showing round here and very few milky does.

Whilst I don't like entering ferrets where there might be kits ( inviting a lay-up), I don't think it dramatically affects next "season" numbers.

"Nature abhors a vacuum" and gaps get filled in very quickly.

Call me a soppy jessy, and you probably will, but I don't like to see the little squidgers killed - let them get a few weeks on them and they have a fighting chance :lol: