Harassing the winged vermin

JohnGalway

A second hand CZ .22lr with PH mod and 100 rounds of ammo, is around 250 Euro. :lol:

If, you have a bi-pod, attached to your .223, you can take that off that and use it on your .22. :P

Good shooting by the way :P , only a thousand or so more to go, the country is full of the *******. :good:

Frank.

Seen it in a couple of gun shops, but my local, was doing a deal, in September, second had CZ, with mod ect, for 150 Euro :P

My local machanic got it and it is one fine accurate rifle :P , greys dont stand a chance out to 100yds. :( :good:

Shop around, and see if you can get a good deal, nowt rong with a good second hand rimfire, ask if you can try it, before you use it though, but im sure they will be fine, tough as nails the CZs. :P

When are we all meeting up by the way?? :P:P:P

A day at my local range would be good craic? :lol:

Frank.

My local machanic got it and it is one fine accurate rifle :good: , greys dont stand a chance out to 100yds. :lol::P

That's something I wanted to ask about actually. I'd use it mainly for rabbits, magpies and hoodies. Ambush situations for the birds, slit open rabbit and that kind of thing. If you've got a silenced .22lr. I presume using subsonics (open to better ideas/tactics), and you get a number of birds landing in your target area. What sort of range are we talking about for which .22lr ammo type? Can you take multiple shots at a group of birds without causing them to rise and fly off? I know rabbits aren't the sharpest crayons in the box most of the time and I could well see how headshooting them one by one wouldn't necessarily cause too much alarm, but hoodies and maggies are in a different league altogether on the smarts. Bit of a muddled way of asking those questions but I think the gist of it is out there :P

Ignore the .22 and go for an HMR, more expensive I know but you can then take them to 150 yards. A .22 at 100 yards is pushing things a bit with the quality of the ammo etc. The .22 will make birds fly off because even though its quiet you still get the noise of the bullet hitting the bird. As for rabbits with both guns you can take multiple shots depending on things like height of the crop they are in, how much they've been shot at etc etc

John,

The .22lr, with subsonic ammo, winchester and Parker hale Mod, is the queitest thing i have heard. :P

100 yds is pushing it a wee bit, but, if you practice, at the range and get your bullet drop ect right, you will have no probs. :good:

As you know, the ammo over here, is far more expensive then in the UK, so, the .22lr, would be better on your pocket as well. :lol:

Frank.

on the point of expensive ammo do ye know what is involved in importing ammo from the us

minimum order quantity

will they ship?

cost of postage...

and so on

is it phesable

i dont think the FO will be a prob could prob get an extra ) on the cert bring it up to 50,000 with a bit of an incentive