anyone near sunderland/newcastle

paulfoster1975

hi i am looking for someone to show me the way to shoot pigeons with decoys, as i am new to shotgun shooting and have only shot game and clays.

i have decoys and netting for the hids ect just need some expert to show me how to decoy properly for a day or will do all help is great thanks.

hi i am looking for someone to show me the way to shoot pigeons with decoys, as i am new to shotgun shooting and have only shot game and clays.

i have decoys and netting for the hids ect just need some expert to show me how to decoy properly for a day or will do all help is great thanks.

Love to help bud!

Trouble is i lost MY shoot so am in exactly the same position as yourself again now :good:

There are some good lads on here and a few have found a day out with them now and then :welcomeani:

Best of luck

LG

Love to help bud!

Trouble is i lost MY shoot so am in exactly the same position as yourself again now :good:

There are some good lads on here and a few have found a day out with them now and then :welcomeani:

Best of luck

LG

i have some land but it has a lot of sheep on it and there is no crop fields near it and i never see any

Love to help bud!

Best of luck

LG

i have some land but it has a lot of sheep on it and there is no crop fields near it and i never see any

If you have Land with Sheep i guess the Hushpower comes in handy then.

Perhaps you may get a bit of sport trying to decoy the Crows in on a dead rabbit and perhaps a Bird of prey deek?

If you have Rabbits on the land you have permission on you mAY find a mutual arrangement of Land shareing to your benefit??

Someone on here may take you for Pigeon shooting for a day Rabbit shooting on YOUR permission etc!

ATVB

LG

Love to help bud!

Best of luck

LG

Perhaps you may get a bit of sport trying to decoy the Crows in on a dead rabbit and perhaps a Bird of prey deek?

If you have Rabbits on the land you have permission on you mAY find a mutual arrangement of Land shareing to your benefit??

Someone on here may take you for Pigeon shooting for a day Rabbit shooting on YOUR permission etc!

ATVB

LG

lol yes thats what the hushpower is for i go lamping at least twice a week there is a few house near my land and having a 12g go off through the night would probley give me some problems lol

however i am getting trouble with a fox whick i cannot get been after him now for weeks as its lambing time hes taking lambs you are more than welcome to come and get it for me lol

Love to help bud!

Best of luck

LG

I WILL PM YOU WHEN MY PERMISION IS READY TO SHOOT AND YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME.

I MAY EVEN BE ABLE TO SORT YOU WIYH THE FARMER AS TO BE QUITE HONNEST I HAVE TO MUCH LAND TO SHOOT OVER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME

Love to help bud!

Trouble is i lost MY shoot so am in exactly the same position as yourself again now :lol:

Best of luck

LG

ATVB

LG

lol yes thats what the hushpower is for i go lamping at least twice a week there is a few house near my land and having a 12g go off through the night would probley give me some problems lol

however i am getting trouble with a fox whick i cannot get been after him now for weeks as its lambing time hes taking lambs you are more than welcome to come and get it for me lol

I don't have a Hush power so it's no good me trying to get your Fox as it may make the sheep miscarry and the farmer won't be too happy :good:

You really need someone with a .22RF subsonic to help you there :lol:

Unfortunatley all mine are 12g and unmoderated :lol:

LG

Love to help bud!

Trouble is i lost MY shoot so am in exactly the same position as yourself again now :lol:

Best of luck

LG

ATVB

LG

I don't have a Hush power so it's no good me trying to get your Fox as it may make the sheep miscarry and the farmer won't be too happy :lol:

You really need someone with a .22RF subsonic to help you there :P

Unfortunatley all mine are 12g and unmoderated :lol:

LG

i use the semi 12g for foxes if i see them, but can only use it at night if i am getting a fox but if there is no fox i use hushpower for rabbits when i am up there.

Love to help bud!

Trouble is i lost MY shoot so am in exactly the same position as yourself again now :P

There are some good lads on here and a few have found a day out with them now and then :good:

Best of luck

LG

I MAY EVEN BE ABLE TO SORT YOU WIYH THE FARMER AS TO BE QUITE HONNEST I HAVE TO MUCH LAND TO SHOOT OVER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME

thanks that will great if you can. you can send me pm or email next time you go out. i am avalable day and night and have a lot of time on my hands again thanks ever so much

Love to help bud!

Best of luck

LG

rob i have sent you pm

Love to help bud!

Best of luck

LG

rob i have sent you pm

pm sent paul

cheers mate

Love to help bud!

Best of luck

LG

ATVB

LG

I don't have a Hush power so it's no good me trying to get your Fox as it may make the sheep miscarry and the farmer won't be too happy :lol:

You really need someone with a .22RF subsonic to help you there :P

Unfortunatley all mine are 12g and unmoderated :P

LG

LG thought you new better .22rf is a no no for foxes been debated often enough on here so will not start that again.

I shoot my 12g and 223 near sheep on my farms and take it from me they dont even look up.... :good::lol:

LG thought you new better .22rf is a no no for foxes been debated often enough on here so will not start that again.

I thought you knew better hawkeye :good:

From the home office "Firearms Law - Guidance to police" document, and I quote :-

" Common rifle cartridges considered

suitable for the shooting of foxes range from

.17 Remington, and .22 Hornet to .22 -250

and .220 Swift, though there is a wide range

of suitable similar calibres commercially

available. In windy areas, where heavier bullets

aid accurate shooting, or if applicants wish to

use one rifle for shooting both deer and foxes

they may choose a rifle in 6mm (.243/.244) or

6.5mm (.264) calibre. .22 Rimfire is generally

too low-powered to be used against fox

except at short range, but may reasonably be

permitted for use against such quarry in

certain circumstances. However, sole use

against fox would not normally be sufficient

“good reason†to acquire such a rifle "

An example of "certain circumstances" could very well be for close range dispatch of a fox without disturbing lambing sheep by a person already having a .22rf with mod and fox on his ticket.

If you are going to criticise get your facts straight.

Edit: For the record I don't think the .22lr with subs is enough for fox in general, just stating the facts

From the home office "Firearms Law - Guidance to police" document, and I quote :-

�€œgood reason�€� to acquire such a rifle "

An example of "certain circumstances" could very well be for close range dispatch of a fox without disturbing lambing sheep by a person already having a .22rf with mod and fox on his ticket.

Edit: For the record I don't think the .22lr with subs is enough for fox in general, just stating the facts

i am not bothered about bothering the sheep just there is 3 house near the farm so a shot gun going of will alarm them at night however if i see the fox i have 12g with magnems in it will be getin shoot lol

Pin im not going to get in an arguement with you i know they can be used at very close range but how many people do you know that only have a .22rf and have fox on his ticket i dont know any.......

And as far as im concerned wether you like it or not .22rf for foxes is still a no no....

but if other people want to use then let them at the end of the day its there resposibility

Reading that back it sounded more "harsh" than I wanted it to, wasn't meant as much of a "dig" as it sounded, you know me I like facts :lol:

Like I said in the end I don't think they are suitable for general foxing, but might have their place if the circumstances were right.

Since we agree I won't say any more on the matter, I don't want to start this one again and if the truth be known I wish I hadn't said it now :good:

I thought you knew better hawkeye :lol:

Pin im not going to get in an arguement with you i know they can be used at very close range but how many people do you know that only have a .22rf and have fox on his ticket i dont know any.......

And as far as im concerned wether you like it or not .22rf for foxes is still a no no....

but if other people want to use then let them at the end of the day its there resposibility

I guess what your saying is Each to his own then Mike?

I guess it's like the Air rifle and Hare debate also but i can see your point i guess! Personally i would prefer to use BB or SG from the shotgun as it means i don't have to apply for a ticket i can't have (no land).

I have used RF before though it was a LONG time ago when i worked on the farm and it was the Farmers gun. Many a happy evening was spend in the fields and back then the fields were full of rabbits too. 50 to 60 yarders were NO trouble at all and used to make quite a mess if a head shot was used within the 50.

A 35 to 40gr lump of lead at around 1040FPS I would have thought would have no trouble at 50 yards in dispatching a Fox but having never USED one on a fox i can't place any certainty on that.

I only know the Police will put .22 on ticket for Foxy and thought WITH that being the case then they would have ample power to dispatch the fox?

I guess it's more a case of people using the guns beyond their capable limits trying to extend their useful limits?

Bit like the young lads using a Gat to kill a rhino at 600 meters :sly:

Anyway perhaps one day i will get the chance to get my grubby mitts on a nice rifle and it's pointless getting a .22 if i can slip the .223 on there instead :lol:

LG

I thought you knew better hawkeye :blink:

i am not bothered about bothering the sheep just there is 3 house near the farm so a shot gun going of will alarm them at night however if i see the fox i have 12g with magnems in it will be getin shoot lol

I can see your predicament there and it's quite right to try and keep the noise down as all it would take is a few complaints and you could even lose your permission :blink:

I suppose just the one 3" magnum full of BB now and then wouldn't bug them too much!

Unless they are drinking something hot at the time that is :good:

LG

Sigh :lol:

I beg to differ, I concede, well never contested .22lr being grated solely for fox - isn't going to happen.

That chart makes a useful lookup table and I know a lot of FLO's will use it, but its only a table and doesn't actually deal with the points raised and conceded in the guidelines on which it has been based.

You CAN have fox on your ticket if you only have a .22lr but you wouldn't get one with that as the reason. Its down there in black and white and I know people who have it, as well as other things.

Sigh :lol:

I beg to differ, I concede, well never contested .22lr being grated solely for fox - isn't going to happen.

That chart makes a useful lookup table and I know a lot of FLO's will use it, but its only a table and doesn't actually deal with the points raised and conceded in the guidelines on which it has been based.

You CAN have fox on your ticket if you only have a .22lr but you wouldn't get one with that as the reason. Its down there in black and white and I know people who have it, as well as other things.

Pin i do seem to remember Miffy saying he has it on his ticket but i might be wrong.

can you show me where it is down in black and white please :lol:

Pin i do seem to remember Miffy saying he has it on his ticket but i might be wrong.

can you show me where it is down in black and white please :lol:

It is written in the Home Office Guidance to the Police document, which is issued to the chief of Police of each force in England.

I won't quote the section as I think more people should read it :lol:

Edit: Nothing in the post changed, other than I can't bear to argue about things like this in public, it is a subjective decision of the issuing Chief Constable and therefore there is no "right" or "wrong", merely interpretation so that's the matter closed for me :lol:

Thanks John!

Thats an interesting read.

Am I right in assuming if I was to find the land to shoot on I could bypass the .22RF and apply for a .22 hornet if i was to claim i was shooting Fox AND rabbit but didn't want to have 2 guns on my ticket :lol:

It gets a tad confusing in a few bits but it's quite informative though :lol:

LG