new rimfire!

conor

hello, went on an ammo buyin trip last nite when i got there only had one box of what i wanted :welcomeani: i should have rang first!! said id have a look at a few hmr's while i was there. seen two annies a cz american a stainless laminated marlin and then i fell in love! and went against all the advise i have got here to get a cz and bought a sako quad in 17hmr! love the smooth bolt and the safety is a beauty! stock is a bit plasticy but it just felt right, lovely and light. spent way too much tho! are they any good? any faults?

Sako quads are very good rifles...Alot of people rubbish them because your need to re-zero after changing the barrel, but if you don't then its not a problem and have typical sako accuracy. I personally was put off by the plakky stock as it didn't feel very substantial... A sound purchase me thinks :welcomeani:

john :welcomeani:

poacher, the barrel more than likely is never gonna come off it. so ill be grand. looks to be a very well made rifle. didnt want a varmint type taffygun. want a nice handy light rifle and the quad is that. cant wait to get my licence and see how it groups!

Congrats just made a purchase myself.

Sako make very good rifles the quad gets a bit of slack because people were expecting another finfire and all they got was a gimmick.... but they are a good rifle just expensive

At least you didnt get the marlin :welcomeani: (not that they're bad just overpriced for what they are)

I am waiting for my ticket to come through then I am off to the dealers to get a Quad. I had a feel of a few guns in the dealers and this just felt better and looks better than the others.

How much was it cos there seems to be a big price difference between dealers?

Harry

I am waiting for my ticket to come through then I am off to the dealers to get a Quad. I had a feel of a few guns in the dealers and this just felt better and looks better than the others.

How much was it cos there seems to be a big price difference between dealers?

Harry

paid 700 euro for it harry didnt really price around stupid i know! i liked it compared to all the others i seen. the safety catch on the anshutz (spelling??) put me off them totaly

paid 700 euro for it harry didnt really price around stupid i know! i liked it compared to all the others i seen. the safety catch on the anshutz (spelling??) put me off them totaly

She's a lovely rifle Conor, balanced so much better than the CZ, Anschutz or Marlin. Lovely Sako bolt too.

The best of luck with the cert conor :lol: , did you apply yet?

Sounds a lovely rifle, its what your happy with at the end of the day :blink:

Was it at Mc Brides?

Any AE their?

Frank.

cert frank :good: i wont hold my breath!! no apply yet waitin to get the guard in the local station. hopefully afer the mess up wth my 223 he will get the finger out! yes mcbrides, james is a sound fella. only had one box of ae frank, said it be next week before he had any. twas madness spendin so much but i liked it so ya know yourself!

The best of luck with the cert conor :lol: , did you apply yet?

Sounds a lovely rifle, its what your happy with at the end of the day ;)

Was it at Mc Brides?

Any AE their?

Frank.

cert frank :lol: i wont hold my breath!! no apply yet waitin to get the guard in the local station. hopefully afer the mess up wth my 223 he will get the finger out! yes mcbrides, james is a sound fella. only had one box of ae frank, said it be next week before he had any. twas madness spendin so much but i liked it so ya know yourself!

Hope he has 500 :D , as thats whats on my cert. :lol:

Madness prehaps, but in the long run, if it gives you hours of plessure, then why not? ;)

Frank.

700 is spot on conor so i wouldnt worry about it being over priced you will get every bit of it back with the enjoyment and use you will get out of it. They are a great gun and generally you get what you pay for and you also have the option of getting the .22lr barrel at a later date.