Shotgun Certificate

FoxyChris

Hello,

I was just wondering if someone could give me some advice since it the weekend and the FEO will we off work until Monday.

I've applied for my SGC with Lancashire Comstabulary and got a letter confirming they had received it and told me who the FEO would be. I saw my referee yesterday and just asked her if they had made contact. She said they hadn't but today I noticed they have cashed my £50 cheque. I'm not having a fun kept at my house and it will go to my fathers address (who is also applying).

If they have cashed the cheque does that mean my application has been granted?

Cashing the cheque is quite normal, it has no bearing on your applications grant or refusal, it's simply part of the administrative process.

You'll have a visit from your FEO and your referee/s may or may not be contacted, after the firearms department decide they have sufficient information to make a decision they will let you know.

This may take a few weeks or several months depending on the area you apply in. Should your application be unsuccessful they will then send you a cheque refunding the application fee.

Edited by phaedra1106