Squabs for sale in Fortnum and Mason

ShropshireSam

The farmer is happy because the pests are controlled and we are happy because we had some sport. Trying to get morally indignant over a 12p pigeon is nonsense, it's not as if the pigeon cares.

Fact is that the dealer will sell them on for a tidy profit and you selling them to him for a derisory sum will just encourage him to keep paying just that. It's called supply and demand.

I probably sold 1000 pigeons last year for 40p each. If I was getting 12p I probably wouldn't bother or would find another outlet for them even if it meant giving them away elsewhere just on a point of principle. Certainly don't want to eat them all myself

Not worth buying and running freezers for at 12p each when the dealers are getting up to 10x that and the restaurants a damned sight more.

Garretts?

Yep Garretts

I never sell a single bird i de breast them and they all go in a chest freezer iv'e had over a thousand breasts this year ,pies,stews,pan fried,roasted etc iv'e got some great recipes ..it's tasty good natural source of protein and fresh .those idiots who throw them in ditches are morons and don't deserve to shoot in my opinion

Jesus! Do you eat anything other than pigeon?

Edited by motty

We are all being robbed by the game dealers . Dressed pigeon in a well known supermarket at £4 .50 each . I give mine away or eat them myself rather than be screwed by game dealers .

Harnser

its what i do as well...................some go to the dogs......most go to my daughter and her friends ...and they prefer to stir fry chinese stuff with them