Zeroing

kip270

Hi guys,

With some recent posts about grouping and zero shifting, i was wondering how you adjust your scopes when zeroing.

I have always adjusted to whatever needed, if shooting low then come up how many clicks needed, same as left or right, but always one at a time, up/down first then left or right.

Now i will be trying a different method.

After watching How to Shoot Beyond Belief, (how to pillar bed your rifle etc) when adjusting his scope, the host (John Burns) tells you to adjust the scope as follows:

If you are shooting high, then just adjust the amount of clicks Down to correct.

If you are shooting low adjust beyond the clicks needed and then back down to what adjustment: eg;

Shooting low, need to go up 4 clicks, adjust scope 8 clicks up then 4 clicks down.

Then if its shooting to the left, adjust it right past how many clicks needed and then back to the left, eg;

need to adjust 4 clicks right, move 8 clicks right and then 4 left, so you arrive at the amount of clicks you needed.

Now the reason for this apparently is to do with the small spring in the turrets, they hold better if you adjust DOWN & LEFT.

Now i don't know about this for sure but i will be trying it to see if it makes a difference, because it works for him in his long range shooting.

So how do you adjust your scopes??

Leupold top of range...... :(

Whatever works for you mate i would say most important thing is quaility optics if your getting the results then dont change a thing unless your causing damage.

I set my scope up then dont adjut it just allow for whatever but thats hunting situations.

Leupold top of range...... :lol:

Whatever works for you mate i would say most important thing is quaility optics if your getting the results then dont change a thing unless your causing damage.

I set my scope up then dont adjut it just allow for whatever but thats hunting situations.

The Leupold is the American No1 scope, i was not saying it is our top of the range, but the ones they use on the dvd are top of the range Leupolds.

I have a S&B and Zeiss, plus a leupold (but it's not on a rifle)

The post is to see how you adjust your scope to get it on Zero, and what your preferred method is :(

OR…you could just give the scope turrets a little tap after you have adjusted them. yes.gif wink.gif

G.M.

:( , yep me too, I rekon on a centrefire the first shot takes care of that but feel happier applying it myself - might even save a bullet ! :lol:

AndyCM

the reason for this is a thing called testeresus SP

where by the screw will be effected slightly depending on the way you tighten it

ie if at 3 cliks down you get one zero

then you go 3 past it and then back up you will get a different poi

but it wount matter a damm on most "low quality"(most of even high quality scopes) eng stuff we have...

so dont wory too much about it