Laser Boresighter wanted

potshot

If you want one for checking the way you mount your gun they are available either muzzle fixed or inserted in the chamber BUT they are expensive. £75 plus

A cheap and fully functional alternative is...................Visit your local £1 shop and get a kiddies laser.

They come with different heads for different shapes but for you no head is needed. Wrap masking tape round and round it top and bottom until it will just drop into the chamber and having switched it on first it will work a treat.

The batteries are around £4 so a laser and batteries for a £1 means you may as well buy 5 and not buy batteries.

Make one for your 20 b and one for the 12.

Thanks for your replies - I've not been on the forum for a bit as I have been busy.

No I don't want the Arrow laser kit - unless it is just the laser. And yes it is for gunfit/eye dominance checks.

I haven't seen the kiddies laser - but I will need to them to be fairly accurately positioned ie true.

I have subsequently found the Bushnell Laser Boresighter on that famous auction site coming in at about £37 - they fit most rifles and 12/20 gauge shotguns. Unfortunately these ones are muzzle fitting and I would prefer chamber fitting.

So at the moment it's off to £1 shop

Every laser is 'true' you just need to point it in the direction you want.

The tape you put round the case so that it fits snugly in the chamber needs to hold it central to the bore and then you get a clear beam rather than a diffused one because it is bouncing off the barrel walls. playing around for 15mins will get it sorted quite easily.

If I can see a clear beam hit through my scope at 150yds with a £1 laser down a 308 rifle barrel you can appreciate its not difficult to find the sweet spot.

M