Voere .22lr bolt action

BangBangNik

Well it looks as though the grant for my first fac has gone through ok and should be in posetion of my new ticket in up to 3 weeks(hopefully sooner) so obviously a shopping trip is on the cards.

There is a second hand voere.22lr setup, scope and mod not too far from me and for the correct money. Just wondering if anybody has any veiws or opinions on them also anything in particular to lookout for if I go to view it as this is my first rifle.

Cheers.

IMO mate you should just go for a cz452 or similar, miles better quality and for not much more money. i was going to go for the same rifle as you're thinking of, but my RFD said to steer clear of them, manyn issues and poor quality.

Managed to get into a CZ452 mint condition with £150 scope, harris bipod and sak moderator for only £350 (with a few boxes of ammo thrown in as well!)

Good luck though i was in the same position a few months ago!

I'm another happy Voere user. I've had one for around 40 years and it was second hand then. It's shot many thousands of rounds with almost no problems that a good clean won't fix.

Two or three years ago I started to get the odd light strike so I email the company in Austria and they sent me a new recoil and firing pin springs free of charge.

I have a 2114, it's semi auto, but the bolt can be locked and shot as a bolt-action as well. Accuracy and barrel quality is excellent. It's unfashionably long, especially with the PH mod fitted and the trigger is nothing to shout about. Spare mags are not easy to find.

Although Voere aren't that well know over here they make some really excellent rifles.

http://www.voere.at/en/historie/gesamteproduktpalette.html

Edited by 1066

My biggest regret in terms of shooting is selling my Voere Semi auto. My Brother now has it along with his bolt action Voere. They both shoot just as well as any of my firearms and the semi auto seems to thrive on neglect - he hardly ever cleans it and it just keeps shooting. You won't be dissapointed.

For what it's worth every one on here is quick to recommend CZ. Well I'd never buy another! I had a brand new 452. The stock fit to the action was poor, the blueing was fragile at best and when it started to light strike strike nor the RFD I bought it from or the UK importers wanted to know.

I now have a Marlin .22XT bolt action, a Marlin 70HC semi auto and I think for the money they take some beating. Group well, don't seem to be fussy about ammunition and handle nicely.

I have previously also had a Savage 93 - that I shouldn't have sold but did as I fancied a change.