Latest stick! Antler topped with 10g cartridge collar.

Lord Geordie

Nice one, never seen that before putting a cartridge between shaft and handle :good:

If I am honest, I don't like the cartridge! I thought it would be a nice touch, adding something shoot related. But it is detracting more than enhancing. I am going to cut it off and re bond the antler to just the brass.

Looks great!

I do sort of agree that perhaps the red of the cartridge can detract slightly, perhaps even maybe a nice black cart would look better- a nice idea! (everything is worth having a go at eh!)

The brass of the cartridge on it's own would look good too I reckon.

Looks a nice stick there.

I like the idea but not the look if that makes sense, maybe a different colour cartridge, maybe green would be more subtle on the eye

I like the idea but not the look if that makes sense, maybe a different colour cartridge, maybe green would be more subtle on the eye

Taking out the plastic and putting another brass end between the handle and the stick would look quite nice. Like the contrast between the antler, the brass and the colour of the stick :good:

Yeah, I liked the colour of the shaft. It rubbed down to a light to mid brown with dark streaks. Then when I oiled it, a lovely red came through. I am really happy with the shaft! It was dumped with a load of garden cuttings a few year ago.

Lucky you finding it ! :yahoo:

Lucky me indeed! I found a bit of rowan that had a nice junction, that I am slowly trying to carve into a pheasant head!

I also recently found what I believe is a bit of Hazel. About an inch thick and 7 feet long. I have it lashed to a bit of angle bracket to straighten in whilst seasoning. Look forward to making a stick from that in November!

I have around 4 bits of hazel to make walking canes as they are too short for shooting sticks. Should keep me busy a while!