Boxing Fans,4-5 years too late but still huge.

sako751sg

He said he will relinquish all belts on Monday and have one more fight at a non title one for some reason.

Nay sure if that will happen though.

Apparently Manny injured his shoulder 3 weeks ago and was taking injections for it but was refused one last night before the fight.Wouldnt read to much into that though but it was an unbelievably low punch output for him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched it live, I had it far closer than the judges. I was watching the round scores on the BBC and Daily Mail sports sites. Jeff Powell, in the Mail - a respected boxing journalist - had it down as a draw. I agree with his round scores as the fight developed.

Fight of the Century - not even fight of the year so far. :no:

As a dedicated Wildfowler' I have witnessed many Dawns breaking and never regretted one of them.But as the sun broke through the curtains this morning I found myself wishing I had of went to bed and had a lay on this morning rather than burning the midnight oil to Stay up and watch that dour spectacle of a fight.

People who say this fight should have took place 5 or 6 yrs ago are so right. And the one who knows this the most is "Pick his fight Mayweather" ..!! We all know he is not renowned for taking chances.

So disappointed in Pacmans approach to the fight' He fought it to suit Mayweather..I was sure Freddie roach would have had something up his sleeve to counteract what we knew Mayweather would bring,but he was one dimensional. Size and Mayweathers reach was obviously an issue for pacman' although he thought otherwise. Pacman is certainly not the warrior he once was' i was sure we would have seen glimpses of in this fight' but not a bit. A war it was not' hardly a mark on either ones faces. I think the judges got it bang on' it was hardly a difficult fight to judge and Mayweather clearly was the winner although in a predictable dour fashion. All the "Fenmen " in the Washlands of Eastern England With their Eel catching abilities Would of had some trouble Catching the slippery sucker that is Floyd Mayweather.

Imagine Amir Khan being in there last night with his Size, Hand speed and explosive Combo's' whatever about a suspect chin' it would have made for a far more entertaining spectacle than what was witnessed lastnight.

On a side not' I dont think Carl Frampton has any worries about Santa Cruz after what i seen lastnight. Frampton would have had that guy outa there in no time.

I dont think Khan will get his Shot a Mayweather' Khan will in my opinion will beat Algieri and possibly get it on With Kell brook. I dont know much about this Thurman Guy who is also a possibility for Mayweathers last fight.

And I lost a 20quid bet to my Nephew.

Khan would hit the canvas quicker than other opponents.

Oddly enough, I can't recall Amir asking for re-matches with Bredis Prescott, Lamont Peterson or Danny Garcia. The result would be the same. The glass chin wonder would be down - yet again.

Edited by Gordon R

• 4 months later...

Looks like the keech could hit the fan for Mayweather but then money speaks so could be hushed over.

Apparently illegal IVs were administered at home,and retrospective permission was given 18 days AFTER the fight!

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/13621142/floyd-mayweather-took-wada-banned-iv-manny-pacquiao-fight-according-report

Edited by sako751sg