Images to jpeg files

Scully

when you export the file you should be able to choose the file type you export to. You should be able to export it as a jpeg directly.

That's what I thought too, and thought that was what I'd done, but the person I sent the images to asked if I could attach them as jpeg files rather than inserting them as bitmap files. I have no idea what I've done wrong nor what a bitmap file is. :no:

That's what I thought too, and thought that was what I'd done, but the person I sent the images to asked if I could attach them as jpeg files rather than inserting them as bitmap files. I have no idea what I've done wrong nor what a bitmap file is. :no:

A bitmap file is just a different way for the image to be encoded.

What software are you using on the Mac to do the export? It is a dawdle to do it in Preview, just click, File, Export and change the file type to JPEG. Select the quality that you want to use and click save.

There is a button with a downward facing arrow to the right of the file name box, click on that to open up the finder view for where you want to save the file.

If you are doing all of that already then I suspect pilot error somewhere in choosing the correct attachment.

A bitmap file is just a different way for the image to be encoded.

What software are you using on the Mac to do the export? It is a dawdle to do it in Preview, just click, File, Export and change the file type to JPEG. Select the quality that you want to use and click save.

There is a button with a downward facing arrow to the right of the file name box, click on that to open up the finder view for where you want to save the file.

If you are doing all of that already then I suspect pilot error somewhere in choosing the correct attachment.

That's exactly what I've done grrclark, which is now confusing me even more as to why I've been asked to send as jpeg files. I know how to reduce size in export and have done it via Preview, and have even filed some as pdf to see if that helps but havent heard back from gallery yet.

I have sent jpeg images to the RA and several very upmarket and professional galleries and there's never been a problem, so am a little confused as to what to do next.

Billy, our resident apple pro has very kindly offered to sort them himself, but I need to learn how to do it myself as I can't go running to him each time I have an image to send.

Have you maybe just clicked on the wrong file by mistake?

Both BMP and JPG will show the image in a tiny thumbnail icon pic and i dont think they show the file extension, possibly you just clicked on the wrong one?

It really shouldn't go wrong.