Brattonsound gunsafes

njc110381

I'm on the lookout for a larger cabinet and have been looking on the Brattonsound website. There's a bit I don't understand and I'm hoping you chaps may shed some light on the subject! There are two models:-

SL9+.....9 gun, 203mm locktop, 1515h 407w 346d.....£194inc vat

RL7+.....7 rifle extra deep, 203mm locktop, 1515h 407w 346d.....£207inc vat

Apart from the spacer inside, what do I get on the RL7+ for the extra £13? It's the same size! :oops:

I think the 9 gun you stand guns 8 and 9 to the side, if that makes any sense. 7 along the back with one either side of them. The other one is just as deep but with scoped rifles there wouldn't be room either side for another 2.

Download the pdf and have a look at the safe on page 3, makes more sense :oops:

So basically your right, the foam is costing you £13 :)

I think Paul Hart sells these for under a tenner, and, delivers and installs them for free!! :oops::)

Send him a PM, it will be well worth it. :yes:

I bought my 9+ from Paul for cheaper than that :o :/

The only difference in those two cabinets is the spacer bar bringing the foam away from the back so you can stand scoped rifles up against it. Also there would be no room for shotguns/rifles on the sides of the cabinet.

Cheers for the link pin, that clears it up nicely. I've been chatting to Paul Hart about the safes and am still hoping to get one from him if at all possible, but he's having trouble with his stock by the sound of things. I'm sure he'll sort it very soon, so I'm waiting for a couple more weeks to see what happens. If I can buy from someone on here then I'd rather do it that way, and Paul's been very helpful. I'll probably go for the 7 rifle safe, just to save messing with the foam supports. It's not worth the bother for £13! :oops:

Cheers for the link pin, that clears it up nicely. I've been chatting to Paul Hart about the safes and am still hoping to get one from him if at all possible, but he's having trouble with his stock by the sound of things. I'm sure he'll sort it very soon, so I'm waiting for a couple more weeks to see what happens. If I can buy from someone on here then I'd rather do it that way, and Paul's been very helpful. I'll probably go for the 7 rifle safe, just to save messing with the foam supports. It's not worth the bother for £13! :)

I bought the 9+ from Paul very cheap and it was very cheap even though I paid £54 for delivery....Pauls a top man to deal with :o

The 9+ has got enough room for at least 4 scoped rifles along the back but you just have to sit them side to side not front to back....and there's still enough room for 4 shotguns on the foam dividers on the side... :/

I'm on the lookout for a larger cabinet and have been looking on the Brattonsound website. There's a bit I don't understand and I'm hoping you chaps may shed some light on the subject! There are two models:-

SL9+.....9 gun, 203mm locktop, 1515h 407w 346d.....£194inc vat

RL7+.....7 rifle extra deep, 203mm locktop, 1515h 407w 346d.....£207inc vat

Apart from the spacer inside, what do I get on the RL7+ for the extra £13? It's the same size! :yes:

And I paid a lot less than that too. I was charged delivery by Brattonsound because I couldn't wait for Paul to pick it up and meet me, with Pauls commitments it was too far away.. :oops:

He's in Yorkshire isn't he? That's a long way from Gloucester so I'll have to just pay the postage. I'm never going to fill the safe, but as I need a new one I figured go large. My 3 shotgun safe just won't have a rifle in it, so I'm doing a big upgrade. I'll never have more than 7 guns, 5 is expected and that includes the air rifle :oops:

RL is for scoped riffles i think and the SL is shotguns. I got mine from paul i paid about £100 for 7gun extra deep. wasn't that much fun trying to get in the car or up stairs. they do weigh a fair bit. The 9 and 7 are the same size but its the way the foam insert are aranged. would say if your gooing for scoped rifle the 7 is best if you can get the extra deep makes it easyer for large rifles/ scope combinations

Out of interest the people who bought from Paul Hart, were the cabinets in new condition or were they factory damaged etc?

got a good few mates who have had cabinets of paul.

and as far as i know they are factory seconds, but i cant see anything wrong with them at all.

Mine was as good as i'd expect from the shop he did have the odd one with a small mark on it but it was that small you would honestly never know