Sellier & Bellot 12g Cartridges

Has anyone shoot any of the above cartridges?. I think the spelling is near enough.

There the worse cartridge i have ever seen, my mate shoot them and the dirt they fired out was coming back and hitting him and others in the face!!.

The inside of his barrels were just caked after 25 shoots. I shoot 175 Gamebore and my barrels were only very slightly dirty.

Just a warning if you see any cheap. Yes these are worse than D&J.

There have been some past threads, reminiscing about Sellier Bellot cartridges.

We use to buy them in flat packs of 10 from our local garage.

Probably the worst cartridge in the world (apart from any subsonic), but at least they didn't loosen every screw in your gun, like the early Baikal cartridges. :good:

When Eley Kynoch were 18 shillings a box (90p) Selliers & Bellot, Yellow Wizard and Red Rivals were 12/6d a box, in fact I think you could buy them in 10's for 5/- If you had a box of nice shiney varnished Eleys you felt invincible compared with the other cheapos. I'm talking about 40 years ago, don't know if Selliers have improved since then, but they were a bit of a joke then, with all the **** that used to follow the lead out of the barrels.

Andy