Attracting the pigeons

Fredwalton

Hello

I have some land to shot on and there are good numbers of pigeons problem is where they keep landing is not a safe place to shoot. Having had 3 unsuccessful days now I was thinking about putting some plastic bags on sticks to try and scare the away from this part of the field. I'm hoping by doing this it will mean they might come my way and see my decoys? If I had a couple of bouncers out and my rotary machine ( once I have shot some). Do people think this might work??????

When you shoot a couple stick them belly up in that part of the field that will stop them landing

Well yes and no from experience. Some occasions a belly up bird can as you say put other birds off but on many occasions it has no effect to incoming birds. Depends on the situation and crop at a guess.When shooting over peas with birds belly up all over the place the birds were still hell bent on landing into my pattern anyway.

I would flag/bag that part of the field off but sometimes pigeon refuse to go where you want them 2 despite having everything right.