Church and feral pigeons?????

Phil9

Creepy eh, the amount of people coming over to the outer perimeter was odd... some of them certainly weren't there to mourn the dead! Seemingly popular place for rabbits in graveyards.

or people making out like rabbits?

as many new lives created as ended?

We have a very large cemetery out back to us, 4 sets of gates which are no longer locked. We see car head lights all hours of night usually legit visitors, why at 11:00 pm defeats me. They then have a wander among the graves with a torch looking for ?? However we do hear other goings on. The most prominent one being youngsters with carry outs (the chink chink chink kind not Chinese). There is of course a fair bit car suspension testing as well and the occasional vandals + drunks collapsing onto graves. No junkies that I've seen thankfully.

So yes you do get all kinds of people going into churchyards at night so previous advice re letting plod know is solid.

There are rakes of pigeons (town woodies I suppose not scems) in there + magpies and a variety of the black stuff, so lots of stuff to have a go at. Unfortunately this cemetery is run by Sunderland city council parks dept' so absolutely no shooting or trapping of any kind. No bunnies though.

Having said all that; sensibly with so many people going in at night it would not be a safe shoot even if you could get permission.

If what you're doing is legal, I wouldn't be ringing the police and telling them anything if they turn up fine. Would people ring the police and tell them they were going for a game of golf, another perfectly legal pursuit.

People seeing golfers on a green seldom make the public upset by seeing their clubs and phone the old bill....

People seeing golfers on a green seldom make the public upset by seeing their clubs and phone the old bill....

Let them ring the police you would be doing nothing illegal. I have never rung the police and I live in Northern Ireland, where some might assume it would be a good idea,and have never had any issues. The police have come out on a few occasions, no problems a quick radio check, and have a good days shooting. If you do ring there is a good chance you will get a receptionist who won't pass it on anyway.

Edited by ordnance