how much would this be worth in London or the south east then?

kdubya

Used to be, I used to get haddock to 4lb,hand line and mussel as bait would do, and codling a plenty, never seen a haddock off a boat let alone a pier for many years, something to do with our fisheries policy me thinks, I remember watching local boats being cut up by their owners, as they were not allowed to be sold on if they wanted compensation for losing their livelihood.the pier (heugh) is barricaded off half way along (look under the cannon barrel mid way) as the local authorities can no longer afford to maintain it, it is going to be allowed to fail they say it wont harm the beaches to the south ha ha.

KW

Indeed its very bad to see such a serious decline of fish stocks in our own lifetime, although on a brighter note there were good reports of decent cod caught last winter down the east coast, and I saw a lot of young codling myself in the autumn

I love the East Coast, especially north of Whitby. Nice pics there KW.

Used to be, I used to get haddock to 4lb,hand line and mussel as bait would do, and codling a plenty, never seen a haddock off a boat let alone a pier for many years, something to do with our fisheries policy me thinks, I remember watching local boats being cut up by their owners, as they were not allowed to be sold on if they wanted compensation for losing their livelihood.the pier (heugh) is barricaded off half way along (look under the cannon barrel mid way) as the local authorities can no longer afford to maintain it, it is going to be allowed to fail they say it wont harm the beaches to the south ha ha.

KW

The joys of the EU and the common fisheries policy.