CZ 527 Modified Bolt Handle

clumber

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get a modified bolt handle for the above?

I've inherited my late brothers 527,22 Hornet and want to put a different scope and mounts on it so I can keep using it. The set-up I want to put on it causes the handle to foul the eye ring of the scope, seems to be a well known problem.

I could grind and polish the one I have but it's a sentiment thing that I can put it back to how he shot it.

Cheers, clumber.

There is an answer to this problem but I think they would be difficult to find over here, and many US companies seem reluctant to send much over now.

http://www.customreloadingtools.com/crt_065.htm

It's the same problem with the odd size scope mounts - I've just resorted to making a 20moa rail for my own 527 and converting it to standard picatinny to take any rings.

th_20150508_135023_zps9fahbxrv.jpg

th_P5100003_zps98jzwyzq.jpg

th_P5100007_zpsfb7vl6un.jpg

Edited by 1066

Is the bolt handle not brazed to the bolt? it's not normally some thing that can be swapped back and forth

Deershooter

Hi Deershooter, the handle on these has a fork end that locks into the main bolt body. A film on you-tube shows one being stripped in seconds. clumber

grind it and get it blued

nothing nostalgic about the bolt, its an agricultural design and most of the metal serves no purpose

I did my BRNO Fox bolt here:

020-3.jpg

021-1.jpg

027.jpg

the 527 is only different because it has a ball

these are available but IMO are ******* hideous

bolthandle.jpg

Slightly higher scope mounts?

I have a 527 with 50mm scope mounted pretty low and it clears OK, so would be interested in seeing a picture of your setup.

Hi, I have to lift my head up to sight the scope so really don't want any higher.

I'll try an put a photo up tomorrow. The scope I want to put on it is a meopta r1r.

Hi Brewsher, I know what your saying about the design it's ugly. With the amount of CZs sold and the amount of people doing this type of mod at home I'd of thought that CZ would offer an alternative style.

What did you use for the bluing, looks good

Hi, I have to lift my head up to sight the scope so really don't want any higher.

I'll try an put a photo up tomorrow. The scope I want to put on it is a meopta r1r.

I hear what you are saying, I forgot about the drop on the stock I changed mine so long ago.