black powder shotgun

darren m

A gun with no rifling is a shotgun and is held on a shotgun certificate. It matters little what propellant is used unless it is a toxic gas.

Is there not a minimum of shot per charge? I think if it fires 1 SINGLE ball it will need a FAC?

I MAY be wrong but reading between the SGC lines it's either a minimum of 3 or 5 shot per cart to fall into Standard SGC.

Basically in a NORMAL shotgun a Single ball or slug is FAC! I am not sure but this MAY be the same law covering muzzle loaders?

LG

If you use a single lump of lead as a projectile 'Yes' but the gun itself is still a shotgun and held on a SGC and can be loaded with patch powder and (shotgun) shot.

As far as I know it isn't an offence to add tallow.

I was just refering to his comment

"You load it with a Steel-lead ball" ball being the plural :oops:

I wasn't saying it wasn't a SG i was saying if he want's to use a SINGLE projectile he needs it on FAC :P

LG

i heard somewhere that you have to have special storage for black powder that won't spark, is this true?

You need a Explosives certificate,a special wooden storage box . Your firearms officer will supply you with

drawing of the box and suggestions on locations to keep it