Pheasant arrivals

some of you must spend a long time counting the birds in the pen to know you have them all in

lol

How many of you feed outside pen straight away, or just inside pen only

We have some feeders and drinkers outside from the off and just hope they aren't needed for a while. Buzzard flew out the pen this evening, got CDs up and flashing strip lights to try and keep them away

• 4 weeks later...

Ours were delivered on Sunday, 600 in one pen, 100 in another and 400 in the last one. Wings were clipped on ours.

We've made a few changes to the water, feeding and pens this year, giving them more shelter and alongside more access to everything else.

We keep one feeder in each wood topped up year round, the next job on the bank holiday weekend will be to fill all the cover feeders and all the other wood feeders, I've got some help for that job this year, I did it alone last year and didn't relish through of filling 80 25kg bags with wheat and carting them around the farm. I'm a pen pusher during the week and proper work takes it out of me! I feel better after though.