Time to renew

What's involved? It's coming up to my first renewal, is it the same as applying with a visit from the local copper and a phone call to some-one that vouch I'm not joining ISIS, or do I just send the form off and wait a couple of months for a new Certificate? (Lincolnshire Police)

Edited by born_2_kill

Had mine in January. No visit and they didn't contact the referee. I even mailed then to ask if anything was happening and got a slightly whingey reply about how busy they were and how couldn't inform applicants of progress.

Then the certificate turned up with about a week to go.

Get the forms in asap , if you've not heard anything a month before your sgc runs out ring lincoln and ask for a temporary certificate .

On my renewal I had two temporary certificates before my visit .

Coterminus sgc/fac

Edited by cuffy

Just renewed shotgun license, sent downloaded forms off a week after police letter notifying expiry, 2 months in advance I think. Licence still not with me when old one ran out, told one had been issued but was in hands of local FEO. Weeks passed until I rang basc and was advise to complain to two email address within the police department, license was delivered next evening by FEO. Cabinet checked, security questions, windows etc and a lengthy conversation on what preparations had I made with the guns in the advent of sudden death, well, more of a chat with the wife. All pretty much light hearted but more than other renewals, that said its a new female FEO and she is keen, though polite. My mate had a visit the following week with the same young lady, he's single and in his 30's but had same chat and has to renew his six gun cabinet as the one he has just has one central lock and could be prized open enough to get guns out which is fair enough, the old FEO has never questioned it before. Have found in the past that firearms license comes with a few more questions, especially with a new FEO at the wheel, though due to license increases with prob go conterminous when that's due.

Had mine in January. No visit and they didn't contact the referee. I even mailed then to ask if anything was happening and got a slightly whingey reply about how busy they were and how couldn't inform applicants of progress.

Then the certificate turned up with about a week to go.

is that under avon and somerset.