Honda CR-V

Dbw1shrops

hi all I've not long bought a Honda CR-V and was wondering if any of the PW massive have one of these and if you've pimped them up to make them more off road friendly as in tyres suspension etc there a bit boring to drive and also quite a low ground clearance as I had a disco before and it was great for a round my perms as you could just press a switch and take the back end up a couple of inches which really helped around the farms. What sort of off/on road tyres would you recommend without raising the fuel economy too much as its a 2l ivtec engine cheers

Atb Dave

Snap - just bought one myself - an auto, so I'll be watching this thread.

Engine is a pearler at 98K miles, undersealed at the factory so no hint of rust underneath even though its 15 years old. The MIL light kept coming on after a drive cycle but a quick Google of the fault codes suggested the tappets needed adjusting - got that done and all is now brilliant. Nice big sunroof for shooting if I get the urge to go upstairs.

I agree the ground clearance has been stupidly reduced IMO by routing the exhaust below the propshaft - and I wish the front doors were wider (longer) because I generally shoot off the

Door mirror. I have to share it with Mrs. G so we had to have a compact 4WD. I had to raise the drivers seat 'cos we both noticed how low it seemed after the Pinin went too rusty for the MOT.

Already modified the brake pedal switch so its easy to pull the plug out - and made up a black cover for the front number plate.

Ok, here goes my two pennies worth.

Had mine a year now, paid 950 for it, all terrains fitted and straight through exhaust were already on it when I got her.

If I'm honest it's noisy uneconomical and boring as I'm a landy man and I get frustrated at the fact that it starts first time and has never once let me down.

About a month ago due to immense boredom I decided to take it to a pay and play day and have a look at what it could do.

Surprised me what it could do, yes I broke it but had a laugh doing so.

Got the propshaft straightened and she is still going sweet.

Excellent value for money, and i would get another.

If your permission has terrain that a cr-v won't handle, with all terrains on then back to the disco young man.

Regards.

Fatty

If mine was ready for replacement tyres I'd be inclined to check if non-low profiles would fit the front suspension strut - cant think of any issue on the rear.

I know the speedo would run slower but that's a price worth paying when an inch can make a difference lol.

I've been contemplating getting one of these just need to convince the wife, but this has made me think even more about as she is totally against me getting a proper truck which is what I really want !!!

Its a good compromise - and a foot in the door towards something better suited next time perhaps. :)

I am just about to sell my 08 CRV. I have had 5 years trouble free motoring from the 2.0 litre petrol engine. Although an auto, by locking down into 1st gear it has gone everywhere that I have taken it, including passing a stuck Rangey (driver error and low profile tyres). I have always kept to the original fitment Dunlop Grandtrek, quiet enough on the road and seem capable enough off it. Ground clearance has been more of an issue on some farm tracks, but by straddling the centre hump and one side of the track, I have always got through even on full lock at times. It returns around 30mpg and up to 40mpg on a run. Only fault in 5 years has been a new battery, failed to start after sitting with radio on for an hour or so. As the current model does not appeal to me, will be looking elsewhere for a replacement.