Whats with this rabbit

oowee

Outside my lounge (about 4m out) is a wild flower bank which had flowers maybe 1m tall. In the middle of the bank a rabbit dug a burrow about 3 weeks ago. Three days after i spotted it the burrow was filled in and the rabbit gone. Two days ago i cleared the bank and the next day the rabbit had dug again and yesterday the hole was filled in. When i got home today rabbit is digging the hole again(mid day) !! I cant make it out how it keeps getting filled in, surely the rabbit wouldn't do it. I am trying to shoot it with 12g by the door and but its an elusive critter. I suspected the wife trying to save it but she says not.

Rabbits typically have young in a pre prepared burrow about I meter long. When they are born and she needs to feed she will cover the entrance of her burrow usually in the day time,

they have their young away from the main warren so the buck rabbit cannot attack and kill the young They will be in and around the burrow for 6 to 8 weeks.

from birth till moving on,hope this helps;-)