.17 hmr sizes please

geoffwales

Looking to replace my safe, so thinking of future FAC.

I would like a safe that will take a shotgun, pcp air rifle with moderator and possibly 17hmr with a moderator and scope.

What is the maximum internal height requried so i can fit them all in without taking off scopes or moderators please.

Many thanks

Geoff

I would like a safe that will take a shotgun, pcp air rifle with moderator and possibly 17hmr with a moderator and scope.

What is the maximum internal height requried so i can fit them all in without taking off scopes or moderators please.

Many thanks

Geoff

Always remove the moderator as condensation can and probably will ruin your barrels crown.

Always remove the moderator as condensation can and probably will ruin your barrels crown.

Whatever you like.

My rifles live with the moderators on day and night, but then again I know how to clean mine, and that's the only time they come off.

I've never had any issues with barrels or crowns and still don't.

Put your rifle/mod away wet, damp, cold, dirty, whatever, then you are asking for trouble, air rifle, rimfire, centrefire shotgun, etc!

:good:

Many thanks

Geoff

Not many HMR will be longer than 980 cm, add whatever moderator you want on top.

Shotguns vary a lot, and remember autos tend to be about 75-100cm longer than O/U and SBS.

• 2 weeks later...