I give up!

After a solid 8 months of scouting out some pigeon shooting around Edinburgh, I finally give up. It's the same story everywhere I try - syndicates and guides already have a monopoly on all of the land around Edinburgh/Lothians. Tried all the usual tricks and techniques, but it's come to nothing. I did have one great permission in Edinburgh until last year when the gamekeeper retired, and the new guy decided that he was bringing his own pest controllers in and gave me the boot despite shooting there for years :no:

I've just joined a pheasant syndicate for this coming season, so hopefully something may arise from that, but in the mean time I figured it might be worth asking on here if anyone knows of any paid for opportunities in the Lothians that I could get out for a day shooting with? Preferably just as a guest on someone's permission, and I will of course cover the cost of all our cartridges (and a pint afterwards!), but failing that then a DIY day from one of these guides that seem to have all the land?

Not asking for any freebies here, so go easy one me!

Cheers

Where abouts in Edinburgh and the Lothians have you been asking? East? West?

I have a contact between Edinburgh and the borders that should be able to sort you out if you are flexible with days of the week and it can be either DIY or guided.

Lads, start getting involved with the topics on the forum, the more you put in the more your names will be known and trusted,

You might just get an invite off someone local, get your posts counts up so everyone feels you can be trusted(I'm not saying your not trustworthy and good blokes) start talking to people and ask questions and have a bit of banter etc,

I know it's hard trying to gain you first permission, but keep at it, something will turn up

Good luck

Flynny

Edited by flynny

8 months is nothing, I've been looking for a few years now.

I have been known to travel over a hundred miles on a weekend door knocking, I also send out regular letters. It can be a bit disheartening getting knock backs all the time but the next door knocked on or letter sent could be the one.