land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and realised that the holes in one of them corresponded with the gap, so im guessing they go in there :hmm::hmm:

so it will be channel out and get that in, there was only 2 so im guessing the other is for the N/S, and im also guessing the the other side of the window behind drivers seat doesnt have anything

post-9513-0-87084200-1480268806_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-35607400-1480268820_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-34533000-1480268871_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-31243200-1480268877_thumb.jpg

came across these galv parts, its not to say they were originally galved :lol::lol::lol: but the bits on the left and right i have no idea where they came from or what there for, anyone any ideas :hmm::hmm: the long bits look like there should be a few holes in that galvanising has blocked up, a bit like the rear tub cappings boy there not for there,HELP :yes::yes:

post-9513-0-14575700-1480440770_thumb.jpg

the top bracket ....i think will go on the rear bulkhead behind the seats to hold a jack in place or a tool kit....dont know about the others..

or is it the bracket for the ballast resistor for the glow plugs, is this one even diesel? I've completely lost who is doing what with all the threads I keep reading :/

i knew the little brackets were for the sides :good::good: there obviously still to go on, im more wondering what the long ones on the right of the picture are for, had a look through my book earlier couldnt find them in the body section, the search continues, and yes it is a diesel :good::good:

after work i decided to try put the glass in the other side, this time rather than do it with i took it off as it was to hard trying to get them tiny screws into the channel and then finding the hole with about 1mm of it between my fingertips, so off it came, bottom 2 channels in, side 2 channels in, flipped it over and put the top 2 channels in :good::good:

***** id forgot to put the glass in :no: so out came the to 2 channels in went the glass and screwed the screws back in, jobs a good un :good::good:

put the side back on the rear tub and spotted this :oops::oops:

any guesses??

post-9513-0-02834600-1480534341_thumb.jpg

after work i decided to try put the glass in the other side, this time rather than do it with i took it off as it was to hard trying to get them tiny screws into the channel and then finding the hole with about 1mm of it between my fingertips, so off it came, bottom 2 channels in, side 2 channels in, flipped it over and put the top 2 channels in :good::good:

***** id forgot to put the glass in :no: so out came the to 2 channels in went the glass and screwed the screws back in, jobs a good un :good::good:

put the side back on the rear tub and spotted this :oops::oops:

any guesses??

No window latches?