land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

calling all S3 SWB owners, i gather the brakes should have 10" drums, this in mind how many cylinders do you have per wheel front and back, and do you know the bore size of the cylinders, 1" or 1 1/4",

mine has 11" drums on the front making them 109 brakes with 2 cylinders on each wheel,

and my rear s are 10" drums with one cylinder being 1" and the other 1 14/" so to make sure i got the right ones i ordered some more, they came and they were 1 1/4" but i realised id ordered 109" ones, so i sent them back and ordered some for the 88" model from 1980 onward, when they arrived they were the same, im led to believe they should be 1" bore, emailed the bloke i got them off and he said there correct.but in one email he said they fit all 88" upto 1980, even thought the add clearly states there fro 1980 onwards.

looking at that then on a website it says fits SWB rear after 1980, and its the same part number as the first and second lots i got off ebay from uk land rover spares, maybe its something to do with the servo duel line brakes, or may be they just should be 1 1/4", maybe it was 1" pre 1980 :good::good: anyway there getting fitted whatever :lol:

its poor isnt it ditchie, i will make sure i do some thing tomorrow after work so i can report back, its ******** me off to that noting is getting done, no pictures and no reports :good::good:

saying that if all goes well i might be off to pick up my new project tomorrow around 7pm :whistling::whistling: but im not starting it till bonni is finished :good::good:

its poor isnt it ditchie, i will make sure i do some thing tomorrow after work so i can report back, its ******** me off to that noting is getting done, no pictures and no reports :good::good:

saying that if all goes well i might be off to pick up my new project tomorrow around 7pm :whistling::whistling: but im not starting it till bonni is finished :good::good:

not that bloody motor bike fer chists sake...............

winner winner chicken dinner :good::good:

now iv been wondering something for a while, and now after going through some of the old pages on this thread, i think iv worked it out.

i was just thinking the other day that Freakmode has not made any contribution to this thread for a long time, but did regularly a few month ago, then i saw a post that was from fuji shooter that had been edited by freakmode, so obviously you have just changed your name, :yahoo::yahoo:

winner winner chicken dinner :good::good:

now iv been wondering something for a while, and now after going through some of the old pages on this thread, i think iv worked it out.

i was just thinking the other day that Freakmode has not made any contribution to this thread for a long time, but did regularly a few month ago, then i saw a post that was from fuji shooter that had been edited by freakmode, so obviously you have just changed your name, :yahoo::yahoo:

Yes I gave my business name and domain to my son so changed it so my posts don't appear when people Google him.

afraid so, and its not even the ty 175 as i cant find one, so im having to settle for the ty 80. but as soon as i find a 175 ill buy that to, but for **** sake, dont tell grace :lol::lol::lol::lol:

you wont get many views on that........motor bikes are like outboard motors 'cept without wheels............it will go "hot" at 20..........50 views 2 warnings...4 naughty points 3 abusive posts a couple of larfs.....................thats yer bloody lot............i know...just done the marine engine bit....just you wait until i start my garden bench...that will bring the "internet" down.......................not..................... :lol:

I have several sets of Teng ratchet & sockets and Halfords "professional" ratchet spanners etc. All really good quality! The only downside is since switching to modern Jeeps, I rarely get to use them :sad1: Whereas at least they got regular use every weekend owning the Series LR :yes:

I have several sets of Teng ratchet & sockets and Halfords "professional" ratchet spanners etc. All really good quality! The only downside is since switching to modern Jeeps, I rarely get to use them :sad1: Whereas at least they got regular use every weekend owning the Series LR :yes:

Difference being if you have to fit a part on a modern jeep it will probably cost you half the price of a Series. :lol:

you wont get many views on that........motor bikes are like outboard motors 'cept without wheels............it will go "hot" at 20..........50 views 2 warnings...4 naughty points 3 abusive posts a couple of larfs.....................thats yer bloody lot............i know...just done the marine engine bit....just you wait until i start my garden bench...that will bring the "internet" down.......................not..................... :lol:

i do it for love, not for views, i now want to make friends with the biker boys on here, you lot are off your heads :lol::lol::lol::lol:

anyway, panic over, i will not be buying said ty80 today as its in leamington spa, thats 3 hours away from me, i had it mixed up with boston spa in wetherby and thats 40 mins away, auction finishes at 7pm tonight, id even msg'd the bloke asking if i could pick it up tonight at 8pm. :lol::lol::lol::lol: bit gutted but not to much as i wanted a 175 really :good::good:

If you are after a trials bike , there is a Facebook page called Trials bikes for sale and Swap. Seems very well populated by northerners and I've seen a few older bikes on there in the past.

cheers alex ill have a look :good::good:

lee

Hey Viking did the new doors you bought already have the hinges drilled? I bought some together with new door tops but has them delivered to the body shop so never looked.

indeed they did david

post-9513-0-46696800-1465847295_thumb.jpg