land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iv emailed the galvanising place today to make a claim for my vent meshes, iv also asked to keep all correspondence via email so i have a record of what he says just in case he comes out with any more **** like it was a cash payment :no:

iv been having a bit of a think this last few days about my next project, although iv loved and still are doing bonni, its taken up a hell of a lot of my time, and as some of you may or may not know my other half grace was diagnosed for the second time with cancer, breast cancer when she was 25 and the 3 years ago it came back only this time it was stage 4 incurable, she was between 3 months and 3 years to live,and she is only 36, i think :oops: but touch wood and i pray to god the mother ******* thing is being kept at bay and neither of her tumors have got worse, and iv been a little unfair this past 8 months spending so much time on my land rover, so another project like that is not going to be possible, but as i now have the bug i will need to do something but some thing that will not be so time consuming, so iv decided to go back to a bike i had as a child, or one of them as my first bike when i was 8 was a yamaha ty 80, then when i was 10 i got a ty 175, so im going to get one of them and do that up but not spend so much time, and god how much easier it will be :good::good:

You never know what is on the other side of your computor screen !! :hmm:

Lee......i thinkl it is about time you chose your priorities a little less time on your 4wd "bonni"....and a bit more time on your 2wd "grace"........we still reserve the right to abuse you and pee take :lol::lol: ...but do whats right...throttle down a bit.... :good::good:

she doesnt mind me doing/finishing bonni ,but i do hear the words "you and that bloody land rover" from time to time :lol:

if it wasnt for her id of had it finished ages ago, bloody women :lol::lol:

you have to laugh :good::good:

and i love abuse and **** taking, i live for that **** and would expect nothing less from you deplorable lot :friends:

brakes getting made up tomorrow at long last :yahoo::yahoo:

what you have nicked a couple of anchors from some boat........ :lol::lol:

(dont forget to fix the lines properly with the proper clips....MOT can be funny about that ) :good:

Edited by ditchman

well today didnt go as planned really, first we thought we would check all the brakes, shoes, cylinders and what not, upon inspection of the rear cylinders one side was marked at 1 inch,the other side was marked at 1 1/4 inch for some reason, and i still cant find out if thats correct or if they should be the same size, and what size, so in to the front ones, they were ok but realised it could do with some new bearings for the half shafts, so that was pretty much that for the brakes really, then just pottered about doing odd jobs like putting the new clutch master cylinder on, so now it looks worse than what it did when we started :no: so i didnt even take any pictures,

better luck next week :good:

you are FLAGGING.........ooohhh dear..............what you need is

1. alcohol
  2. curry
  3. a doz oysters
  4. followed by a long lazy bonk..(or throw one out )

jobs a gooden......

sound like a plan :good::good:

Maybe you have a mixture of long and short wheelbase cylinders there Lee. What size drums are they.

not sure really, maybe i will just buy a new set for the sake of £20??