land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

baking soda in a sand blaster hand held pot then just wash it away put on a mask or you will be burping all day it really does work

not got a sand blaster, i do plan on getting one though :good:

that is how i like classics un touched or sympathetically restored not knocking your work its brilliant but have restored so many cars to near new they just haven't go the history anymore you know what i mean

i do know what you mean, a nice bit of patina, but this one was pretty well ****** :lol:

all done now ...will box em up and send them in the next couple of days.......went right thro the stores this morning and none of the rubber clip on seal would fit...so had to buy that expensive landrover tunnel waterproofing strip....looks ok tho...........have also fitted new capture nut/clips.....and have used split pins on the ends so they can be disassembled if you so wish.............i will stick the landrover radio housing as well....check if it is current for that age vehicle.....it needs recovering first tho'

post-11401-0-80336300-1476191925_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-05081800-1476191936_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-70613500-1476191946_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-61877100-1476191957_thumb.jpg

really think you ought to stick with those if they are working..........take em apart wash and scrub with whatever.....put the rubber bits in boiling water for a couple of min's dry and WD40 ...put back together......

i was thinking the same, them new ones dont look right for some reason :good::good:

all done now ...will box em up and send them in the next couple of days.......went right thro the stores this morning and none of the rubber clip on seal would fit...so had to buy that expensive landrover tunnel waterproofing strip....looks ok tho...........have also fitted new capture nut/clips.....and have used split pins on the ends so they can be disassembled if you so wish.............i will stick the landrover radio housing as well....check if it is current for that age vehicle.....it needs recovering first tho'

Simon, they look absolutely stunning, better than new if there is such a thing, give your self a massive pat on the back, put your feet up and have a beer on me, you will have to pay for it though :lol::lol::good::good: you must let me send you a bottle or 2 of something by way of thanks :good::good:

Simon, they look absolutely stunning, better than new if there is such a thing, give your self a massive pat on the back, put your feet up and have a beer on me, you will have to pay for it though :lol::lol::good::good: you must let me send you a bottle or 2 of something by way of thanks :good::good:

told you dont want anything 'cept for postage and the clips and rubbers..........i will take it out of you next year... :good::good:

i will send you some tub funiture for your mate to galvanise next year...if i ever get round to converting this to a soft top..........dont worry nuthin sexual....(providing with stick to the post). :lol: ...whatever you do dont come to norfolk on your own... :oops:

:yahoo::yahoo: my new vents came today :yahoo::yahoo:

only iv been to busy to even open the box, so im leaving that pleasure for tomorrow,

and when i say new i mean re-furbished to, as new, by the man them call "ditchman" he even enclosed a signed picture of..............

"FAT SARAH" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: