land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just need to fit my seat straps now, thought they would of had a hole at the other end with some sort of support round it, im thinking drill a hole and use a washer either side :hmm::hmm:

any one any idea where at the back of the seat they attach to, im guessing an existing bolt, so that would probably where the seat back fixes to the vertical bracket??

post-9513-0-49473900-1475528085_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-39438600-1475528092_thumb.jpg

I would try something pointy to make a hole in the strap, force the fibres apart rather than try and drill through them. Drilling may make a mess of them and cause them to unravel.

Nooo, use a soldering iron or a heated up screwdriver tip to melt s nice neat hole in them.

if the end of the strap isnt sewn...just melt it with a lighter........and is possible use an awl to make the bolt hole.....

poor pics as they were taken thro glass

spot on DD, just how i thought they would go :whistling::whistling: that can be my tomorrow job, far to tired tonight, and its snooker night :good::good:

not sure really, there not as good looking as the originals, so ill guess plastic melty stuff.but as the material will be bolted and trapped between the seat back and the seat frame, im pretty sure any way i decide to do the hole will be fine, i think the hot screw driver sounds about the best bet :good::good:

dont quote me on this...but i believe if the vehicle wasnt fitted with seat belts at the time of manufacture ...then you dont need them...have you got seats belts for the front seats....if you have ...then it is quite likley you may require them for the rear.........

dont forget that bonnie has been messed about with bigstyle over the years ...and not in this country...

yes all seatbelts in the front, none in the back or any sign of there ever been any

hhhmmmmm :hmm: .........ask an MOT tester ? prior to booking

oh....got 3 of the spring clips finished now....just got one front vent to do then i will take them to jsf and see if i can get the proper type seals for them.........

hhhmmmmm :hmm: .........ask an MOT tester ? prior to booking

oh....got 3 of the spring clips finished now....just got one front vent to do then i will take them to jsf and see if i can get the proper type seals for them.........

consider the question asked mate and answered (mot tester) Edited by hodge911