land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good Viking :good:

Are you like me when a new item arrives (like my new defender door handles today) they turn up with no fixing screws or bolts but you cut the old ones off with an angle grinder. :whistling:

You then spend hours running around trying to find something that fits.

You would think that Exmoor would be spot on with details like that. The photo reminds me need to order inner door handles and lower door seals. :rolleyes: More money

Have to say for the money they do look like something a messer would make on the kitchen table.

Edited by Fuji Shooter

not sure about door seals as i bought mine as a full set, but interior door handles i got from paddocks, cant remember what they cost but it wasnt much, a quick look on ebay and there £20 a pair, but im sure they were cheaper at paddocks :good::good:

cheaper at paddocks :good::good:

And they will come off in your hand the first time you close the door - Britpart carp. :lol::lol:

I put one piece Defender seals on mine but forgot to order the bit for the lower door. Have you tried fitting those Paddock doors yet? Mine are shocking not sure they are copies more made from memory :rolleyes:

Edited by Fuji Shooter

for some strange reason and not knowing back then, when i put the axles and spring on id put the brake pipe brackets on the front instead of the back,

and with it nearly killing me last time i wasn't relishing going back under to correct my mistake, but i had to :good::good:

post-9513-0-66546100-1468351025_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-13546700-1468351033_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-55099000-1468351053_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-14481400-1468351061_thumb.jpg

Hey Bubble - these aren't cheap but I have one in mine and it is brilliant for noise reduction

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/series-moulded-matting-system-2239.html

Thanks FS, looks the business :)

They do a sound deadening and carpet kit like I got at paddocks.

Looks about the same. Think they were £75 each with VAT on

It's just the local classic car rally.

http://www.paddockspares.com/parts-and-accessories/land-rover-series-2-and-3/upholstery-and-interiors/soundproofing-and-carpeting.html

Keep going for it, you never know :good:

Got the galv. bumper from inside 4x4 or what ever they are called, it was marked, so unwrap yours and look, I complained and got £20 refunded! :good: