land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

couldnt work these out, book looks like they go on the outside, mate of mine said they might go behind the mesh, FS, you had problems with yours didnt you, how did you try doing it, and did you say you ended up getting so defender ones, did you have any luck with them??

post-9513-0-83257600-1469292994_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-85940700-1469293000_thumb.jpg

also made a start on the wiring loom, exciting times, i didnt realise it ran through the chassis, ended up putting some brake pipe through one hole, getting it out of the other (what a jobe that was) the taped the loom to it and pulled it through :good::good::good:

post-9513-0-75902000-1469294298_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-48832600-1469294323_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-43331600-1469294411_thumb.jpg

then i thought id clean the glass up and get it in the front doors, couldnt get the metal channels of the sliding window even though iv got some new ones so i decided to clean them up rather than risk braking the glass, but at the end of a long hot day i couldnt work out the new bottom running channels so i gave in and went for a shower :lol::lol:

also today i found out from jake wrights land rover garage that in the end the S3 88" ended up with the LWB 5.5" wheels with 205 x 16 tyres on, so now i can stop hunting for the illusive 5" wheels,

post-9513-0-98534400-1469294617_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-63551000-1469294640_thumb.jpg

couldnt work these out, book looks like they go on the outside, mate of mine said they might go behind the mesh, FS, you had problems with yours didnt you, how did you try doing it, and did you say you ended up getting so defender ones, did you have any luck with them??

Yep I tried to fit mine for a while then thought there is no way to support them while they glue without getting in a right mess. I fitted Defender foam ones that that have a peel off back and stick to the inside of the actual flap. Can't see any difference from the outside. I have a brand new set of the ones you have if you have a punt and naff it up I can post to you.

also made a start on the wiring loom, exciting times, i didnt realise it ran through the chassis, ended up putting some brake pipe through one hole, getting it out of the other (what a jobe that was) the taped the loom to it and pulled it through :good::good::good:

It is the way it runs through the radiator panel too that got me, what a stupid idea.

Yep I tried to fit mine for a while then thought there is no way to support them while they glue without getting in a right mess. I fitted Defender foam ones that that have a peel off back and stick to the inside of the actual flap. Can't see any difference from the outside. I have a brand new set of the ones you have if you have a punt and naff it up I can post to you.

It is the way it runs through the radiator panel too that got me, what a stupid idea.

thanks but no thanks, i cant be going through that carry on, i think i will just go the same route as you did, :lol: where did you get yours from,

and with regards to the loom, REALLY :no::no: or are you taking after DD and la bala and pulling my ****** :lol::lol::lol::lol:

thanks but no thanks, i cant be going through that carry on, i think i will just go the same route as you did, :lol: where did you get yours from,

and with regards to the loom, REALLY :no::no: or are you taking after DD and la bala and pulling my ****** :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just ordered mine from eBay just make sure you get the Defender ones that say foam. I did not mean the full loom just the wiring for the lights and indicators, goes through holes at either end of the rad panel and is held in just infront of the bonnet release. I tried many times to fit the proper ones but the lip and recess just did not look right and I knew I would end up with glue all over the place.

14 pictures yesterday, and i think all that kind of work (man stuff) is done now, its going to be just a case of putting it back together from now on, although i did have the wire brush out today to clean up and paint the air vent brackets, but now worth reporting on

did you get some of the original paint for "bonnie"...incase of scratches.............

yes hes going to keep the paint whilst its still in my ownership, and i know the bloke so all is good on that score,

Finished mine today - yeah - pics later this week after I have washed the dust off it.

whilst you have the camera out FS can you take some pictures of the wheels and tyres on your S3 front sid and rear so i can get an idea of what that size will look like on mine :good:

infact, go do it now, and wash your 90 and take some pictures of that too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

whilst you have the camera out FS can you take some pictures of the wheels and tyres on your S3 front sid and rear so i can get an idea of what that size will look like on mine :good:

infact, go do it now, and wash your 90 and take some pictures of that too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will take some in the morning for you. I have to go and help my lad hide his latest acquisition at the office. He went out to buy a VW T4 and came back with a Talbot Motorhome. Oh man he is done for when mrs Fuji gets hold of him.