yesterdays shooting

steve_k

went out friday to see the farm manager from next door, no offence to the bloke but he is an **** and never lets us shoot on his land. but when i started talking to him he was in a very good mood and i mannaged to gain another 3-4000 acres of permission, very chuffed :angry:

anyway i have noticed that there was afew hundred pigeons pitched on the beans just beginning to show through, thought there would be a good days shootin there and i was right.

i got to the feild and set up at about 10, late i know but i had a very heavy night and need some sleep. when i arrived there were lots of birds there. hid behind the hedge and shot two from range for the magnet. :lol:

after taking a 5 min break for lunch i decided i would get my 7 year old lab out as i was having to pick up a fair bit. he had never been out before but was very good and worked hard for me all afternoon, chasing pigeons ot all ends of the feild. i was very inpressed. :angry:

well after a good days shooting the gun needed a good clean so i packed up and took the old boy home, who is still very tired now. we ended the day with 73 very big woodies, with my dog shaddow picking up about 50 of them.

post-4998-1176044748.jpgpost-4998-1176044785.jpg

and here is my poor old dog today

post-4998-1176044955.jpg