Blaser F3

Browning

I've been thinking about upgrading to a new shotgun for some time now, and recently I've read some very good reviews on the Blaser F3.

Does anyone own a Blaser F3? What do you think?

Has anyone tried a Blaser F3? What do yo think?

Obviousely it's a non-starter if the gun doesn't fit me, but all experienced opinions are appreciated.

I have got one and it is superb, the handling of it is difficult to describe. It just seems to float through the air. The gun is really well balanced and everyone who has shot it says the same.

You really need to shoot one as handiling them in the shop don't give you the same feeling.

THe trigger pulls are also very light and there is no slack on them.

Go and try one, you will not regret it.

You really should shoot with one then, you will see what we mean.

It didn't feel right to me initially because I was used to using a barrel heavy Winchester, but a couple of months to get used to it and Bingo.

You are more than welcome to try mine at any point you want to improve :stupid:

You really should shoot with one then, you will see what we mean.

It didn't feel right to me initially because I was used to using a barrel heavy Winchester, but a couple of months to get used to it and Bingo.

You are more than welcome to try mine at any point you want to improve :good:

I shot one at Parkford last year when I went up with Mark and it just felt horrible, like it had no life in it (Not sure if that makes sense).I like the lighty, whippy, shorter barrelled type guns, which when you look at both my Sporter and my Skeet gun they are.

I know I call it a ***** Gun, but hey you shoot well with it, so if it works for you then so be it. Too be honest I don't think you shot particularly badly with your winchester, but maybe this has bought you an extra 5 targets a round. The one thing I have noticed recently is that you are concentrating a lot more than when we first started shooting together and this is where I think the really big difference is with you. This probably is getting you close on 10 kills a round. Hence you progressing up from the 60-65 ex 100 to the 75-80 ex 100 bracket. Then it just comes down to whether or not you can get the lead on some of those rangier birds straight away as to whether or not you get 85 upwards.

What ever it is mate, don't change it as it works. :stupid:

SS :blush:

I bought a 30" one last June and I find it a superb gun.

It fits me very well, shoots were I look and the recoil level is quite low. The palm swell is the right size for my hand too.

Build quality is excellent and I really like the handling,I shot a 32" Miroku trap gun before this and compared to the Blaser it was rather numb.

Trigger pulls are exceptional compared to other guns that I have had (682's Mk38's 3800's).

My mate bought himself a £7300 K80 recently and after shooting this I find that for my build, height and age I'm 5'8" and 58 years old that my 8lbs 2oz Blaser is a much better gun to shoot sporting with than a 9lb 4oz K80.

Try one but go with an open mind as it is a new design and is slighty different to what you have now.

Now that Alan Rhone is the distributor the back up will be excellent as well.

I got my F3, 30" a month ago and truth be told have only shot four rounds of Trap with it. Like others have said the balance and handling are very good , certainly compared to my Ye Olde Beretta. When time allows I'll definitely be getting mine fitted .

It feels so well engineered and finshed that you wonder how they do it for the price compared to other more expensive guns such as Perazzi.

Over here in the US Blaser's seem to be pretty thin on the ground judging by the amount of attention mine seemed to be getting at my local ground - very flattering.

Alan Rhone says the new ones come with an ABS case and 5 Briley chokes, apparently they have also put a new

finish on the action to stop the sweat staining that some of the older guns suffered from. I guess this

partly justifies the £600 price hike.

I have a trial lined up for tomorrow so we'll see how they handle.

Alan Rhone says the new ones come with an ABS case and 5 Briley chokes, apparently they have also put a new

finish on the action to stop the sweat staining that some of the older guns suffered from. I guess this

partly justifies the £600 price hike.

I have a trial lined up for tomorrow so we'll see how they handle.

Browning,

Don't believe the hype,

Mine came with 5 Briley chokes and a superbly fitted and baize lined case and it also has the stain resistant coating as did every gun apart from the first batch, They have a slighter darker colour on the action more of a bronze colour

Mine was £2,200 from Essex Gun in Romford.

The good thing about the price hike is it has put the resale value up, not that I am planning to part with mine for a while.

Tried one today... I'm used to heavier guns and this was very light in comparison. Really nice gun though and easy to shoot "gun down". Felt more recoil due to it's weight, but still managed to hit 4 out of 4 on the skeet when I had a quick shot.

Way out of my price range though!

I quite liked the palm swell, and the one I shot was equipped with an adjustable cheek piece.

Very nice indeed, but i'd have to save up 'til I was dead probably!