Squeaker from shotgun shell ends

wyatt

Afternoon, thought I'd try my hand at making a few of these but seem to have failed misrably.

I've seen the thread on here with the link to youtube and followed the instructions. I cut them down, removed the plastic from one and tapped out the primers. When I put them together and give them a blow, **** all comes out apart from the noise of the air.. what am I doing wrong please!?

post-18749-0-76245800-1444833418_thumb.jpg

Made a few a good while ago, see below.

I found dishing the hole face inward on both ends improved the sound, but the holes the size they are empty your lungs quickly... :sick:

I soldered a stainless washer over one of them, also made the hole half the size, it worked a lot better, you don't use half the air.

You won't get the Tenderfield Squeal though, it'll be a more mellow softer sound.

Also made some out of 410, 16g, 20g along with the 12g, sure the 12g worked the best, a lot depends on the distance between the two case heads, hence the dishing to compensate.

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg