Barnsley shooting pal(s)

hello all,

Just wondering if anybody in the Barnsley area is up for me tagging on clay busting or indeed in the field to gain more experience and learn the tricks of the trade

Relatively new to the sport any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Nige

It's a little shoot organised by a bunch of guns from Penistone.

Not sure if you know Penistone but anyway if you travel from j37 M1 following Manchester signs A628 (I think) passing through Dodworth and then Silkstone you will come to Hoylandswaine round about. Straight across heading down hill towards Penistone. About 75 yards before you get to a low railway bridge there is a gate on the left. If the gate is open then follow the track until you see the cars. If gate closed wait till others turn up. I am told they get there for about 9:30. £10 for 50 birds for none members.

Am told they are always looking for new members £30 for the year.

Will report back after I have sampled it on Sunday

What's the one at Woolley like or the one at Baugh Green, have you tried these?

Glen at Mapplewell Field Sports told me of these two.

Just to add Glens shop is just great loads of stuff loads of good n reasonably cheap cartridges and full off useful information. He has no website but has a Facebook page

Baugh green is a sqauded shoot runs on alternate sundays ( dont no which one ) think you have to be there for 10.30 to get in a sqaud then start at 11 .try some where like park lodge . Theres whitewater on bawrty exit of a1 both these grounds are counter system pay as you shoot .open from wed to sunday .

Thanks for that I will have a look at Park Lodge (where is that?) and whitewater.

Had a quick 50 sporting at Cocket Farm this morning. A great reception there, nice facilities and a great ground. Pity couldn't say the same about my shooting...

I know, practice, practice practice

Thanks for that I will have a look at Park Lodge (where is that?) and whitewater.

Had a quick 50 sporting at Cocket Farm this morning. A great reception there, nice facilities and a great ground. Pity couldn't say the same about my shooting...

Cocket is a nice place. We`ve always been well received whenever we`ve gone there.

Nottingham and District GC is just up the road from there, another nice ground with friendly staff.

And yes, there`s no substitute for putting lead in the air. :yes:

Have a look here

http://shooting.parklodgeshootingschool.co.uk/

Cheers

Fielddweller