legal magnets

propercartridges

hi all about a month ago I took over 60 000 goose carts to a new gunshop in the Aberdeen area and as usual I try and get a shot at some pigeons now I have a magnet but did not use it that day I keep my gadgets till later or the birds not coming in any how coming of the field a police car pulled up near me and asked if I was or had been using a magnet as they were looking for other people using tape recorders for to pull in the geese and he told me a pigeon magnet was illegal as it was classed as a mechanical aid and that's against the law so whats the answer people

My understanding,all though can't quote the exact legislation off the top of my head, is that mechanical aids are illegal to use in the pursuit of wildfowl. I'd imagine a magnet would fall into the definition.

Novice

No. Battery powered decoys are used in wildfowling.

Think the constable would be misrepresenting the part where it states mechanical aid , which reference was intended to refer to the use of outboard motors on boats or punts whilst shooting, using the motor to get to the shooting spot is legal though using it to hold your spot in the current and shoot with the motor running is not.

Least that's my understanding.

Chiefy