Brother's FAC application

Oly

My brother is just going through his FAC application now. Can't remember though where you mention that you want to include a moderator and expanding ammunition on the form? Or do you just put it in a covering letter?? :sly:

Any help out there??

Cheers,

Oly.

My brother is just going through his FAC application now. Can't remember though where you mention that you want to include a moderator and expanding ammunition on the form? Or do you just put it in a covering letter?? :sly:

Any help out there??

Cheers,

Oly.

Not a letter. Read the form again. Its only 4 pages

You have to apply for a slot for the moderator, you need to do this for each individual calibre that you apply for, i.e FAC air rifle + mod, .17HMR + mod, 22LR + mod etc....

The expanding ammunition will be granted automatically if the vermin(land)use is granted, If you have target condition only on your ticket then you won't be granted expanding ammo.

You have to apply for a slot for the moderator, you need to do this for each individual calibre that you apply for, i.e FAC air rifle + mod, .17HMR + mod, 22LR + mod etc....

The expanding ammunition will be granted automatically if the vermin(land)use is granted, If you have target condition only on your ticket then you won't be granted expanding ammo.

So you would write e.g. .22lr + mod under "calibre" in the appropriate table? It's just there is no mention of moderators on the form itself. I'm sure it's a slightly different form to the one I filled out a few years ago...

So you would write e.g. .22lr + mod under "calibre" in the appropriate table? It's just there is no mention of moderators on the form itself. I'm sure it's a slightly different form to the one I filled out a few years ago...

Yes, I seem to remember that's what I did, my FEO is popping round tonight so I'll ask

That's right yes, you always add ' + mod ' otherwise you will not be granted one. It is classed as a seperate firearm.

I put ".17hmr rifle" in the first box with pest control as my need, then "moderator for above" in the next box down, with hearing protection as the need. It was all ok in the interview so I assume this is how it's done. It's best to read the forms carefully, but I don't remember any mention of a moderator on mine either! The FEO will help you when he visits if there is anything not clear. As long as you're honest with them, they're very helpful and friendly people :sly: