Petition please read

Paul223

I'm with the idea, but don't you petition the government to either not do something they are intending to do, or have them undo something they have done? Seems strange to petition them to not do something they are not doing.

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to STOP people from Banning "legally held" firearms for the pursuit of sport."

This appears to be a strangely worded and presented petition.

Its the Government that would, "STOP "legally held" firearms for the pursuit of sport", not "people".

Pin I know where your coming from, but at the same time I would not like to not show my support, what message will it send if only a handful sign up? :sly:

Cranfield, I didn't write it, and yes had to read it through a few times first :blink:

Paul223, I didn't even think you may have written it, I assumed it was a lift from somewhere else.

There are always a few of these, "Petition the Government" petitions going round the Forums.

Unfortunately the credibility of the petition and those who sign it , is often judged by its presentation and wording.

Whatever next..??, I'm sure Tony Blair will lose a lot of sleep agonising over this petition, as a massive 287 people have already put their names to it..??

I don't think Tony Blair or any future government has any intention of banning all legally held guns, it just won't happen. :sly:

I won't bother to sign it.

Cat.