Hulls

You can put any recipe for a given sized hull into that sized shell so if the recipe states 70mm any 70mm hull will do apart from compression formed hulls, but they are very rare to come across anyway. What matters is that the combined components fit the shell properly so it crimps properly.

What is the recipe you are trying to follow and where did you get it from?

PS, you can get endless 70mm hulls from any clay ground. If you reload them try and stick to one type as they can vary slightly between brands and spoil your consistency. Try some different ones and see what you prefer, use once then throw.

Edited by sitsinhedges

Thanks guys some of u may no i just started reloading with a mec sizemaster all ive used is gamebore size 6 32 gram 21 gr 70mm hulls i now have none left so thought i may go to the clay ground.my question is all though they maybe 70mm hull lets say 7 can i load my recipie in 5 shot in to them.

Oh and i got my recipie from clay and game.

No problem. Clay grounds will have 70mm hulls coming out of their ears and the have to pay to have them taken away. Select hulls carefully though. Try and find one that has thicker plastic and clean. Some brands have a plastic insert in the base. They can be hard to get the old primer out so avoid them. I use Fiocchi F Blue and they load different sizes OK. It's the recipe that counts. Make sure you use the right wad for the recipe to get the wad height correct.

It's important to make sure they are dry so don't pick them up after it has been raining.

Edited by Uncle Albert

Thanks guys some of u may no i just started reloading with a mec sizemaster all ive used is gamebore size 6 32 gram 21 gr 70mm hulls i now have none left so thought i may go to the clay ground.my question is all though they maybe 70mm hull lets say 7 can i load my recipie in 5 shot in to them.

Have you done ANY homework on reloading?

Some of the old clay game recipes are borderline dangerous and have no pressure data attached to them. Care to share this recipe?

I get all my hulls from clay grounds my favorite are whitegold they load great as for recipes I go on internet to powder manufacturers website's they are a mine of information if you are unsure about a recipe and really want to produce it just take 1.5 grains of the powder make a few if ok stick to it but NEVER add to the original amount stated on the recipe it's that amount for a reason if to slow increase powder by .5 grain try that's how I tune my loads to how I want them above all be CAREFUL I would rather work from a slow load than a hot you only get one chance with a to hot load