Daystate at it again, THE GRIFFIN ltd edition

evo

well as much as I,m an avid daystate fan, seems like daystate are up to their old tricks again,

ANOTHER LIMITED EDITION RIFLE is due to be released very soon,

the new rifle will be called THE GRIFFIN ltd edition,

ok ,,,now I,m looking forward to its release but come on daystate ,, enough is enough, ltd editions , why not build us a top of the range HFT rifle , because if not we will be falling by the wayside

one thing will be for certain is you will need deep pockets as I,ll be very surprised if its less than £2000,

will I buy this new rifle ? I doubt it unless its an electronic wolverine or its a lot less than two grand

daystate%20griffin_zpsnocmncni.png

We all know you have it on pre-order Evo :)

If they aren't careful they will go the way of Apple, vastly overpriced for what they are, offer nothing really different to their competitors but everyone will get it into their head the hype is worth the pricing. I always get the feeling success is tainting Daystate a bit

We all know you have it on pre-order Evo :)

If they aren't careful they will go the way of Apple, vastly overpriced for what they are, offer nothing really different to their competitors but everyone will get it into their head the hype is worth the pricing. I always get the feeling success is tainting Daystate a bit

have to agree with you totally, why o why do they feel the need to release another limited edition rifle, they have only just released the pulsar oro which as far as I know only 200 were made so that's two ltd edition rifles in as many months, just cant see the sense in it at all,

yes they sell but come on ,,its getting a bit silly now,

no-one knows exactly what it is yet but one thing that is for sure is its got a pressure gauge which leads me to think its mechanical, I,m just hoping its not a silly bullpup like the pulsar,

certainly cant wait for its release, but lets hope its something worth owning and accurate to shoot

The special editions are more tart than Greggs!

agree mole

The shame of it is Daystate, when things go right, do make exceptionally nice guns! I have never beaten that night when the Mk 3 was fitted with laser guided homing pellets, 13 pigeons met a nice and tasty death that night.

But the limited editions are like a Max Power Muppet mobile, a tremendous example of style over substance. I wonder if they will have a limited edition, limited edition?

Exactly!

Daystate are just making money from people gullible enough to pay inflated prices.

Or put a different way, collectors.

I have no problem with Daystate, the rifles are a little flouncy for my tastes but they have carved out their nische in the market and it works for them.

If you don't want one, don't buy one - that has worked well for me so far, but a British company doing well shouldn't really upset anyone too much.

Or put a different way, collectors.

I have no problem with Daystate, the rifles are a little flouncy for my tastes but they have carved out their nische in the market and it works for them.

If you don't want one, don't buy one - that has worked well for me so far, but a British company doing well shouldn't really upset anyone too much.

The problem is they are not doing that well though, far from it!

The recent problems they have had with manufacture means that they had to call in an external quality assessor to sort out problems in production. The Regal was a right lottery when it came to getting one that worked and worked at the power that they claimed it did!

Some of us would rather they made the guns they make well, rather than make some very expensive tarted up rifles that worked and have the rest as an extremely hit and miss affair as far as quality goes!

falconfn,

I can agree its nice to see a british company doing well, even though the Italians now probably own most of it,,, but us as daystate owners were asked a question of what would we like daystate to build next,,, a hft/ft rifle was top of the list,,,, will the griffin be it ?

I agree with what you say, that's why I didn,t by the pulsar, I just cant justify £2000 for a bulpup rifle, as nice as it is

one thing that attracted me towards the daystates was the styling of the rifles, I was always against electronics in an air rifle also but my mind was changed after using a cdt Airwolf, the electronics on the rifle just made shooting effortless and unless you actually sat down and used an electronic daystate it was hard to see what the fuss was about, have to say I am now converted to the electronic side now,

the wolverine b is also a super rifle, the one downside with it is it isn,t regulated which is a shame really and it shoots very accurately when in the sweet spot, so much so the swp is 190 bar yet I never fill mine past 170bar so as to be at the start of the sweet spot down to 120 bar,

yet even after developing a class rifle instead of improving what they had Daystate decide to bring a ltd edition bullpup out, then no sooner does the excitement die down then daystate are bringing out yet again another LTD edition,

would it not have been better to design a regulator to fit the wolverine and/or build a regulated electronic one which would be superb ???

I just feel daystate are running down the wrong road at the moment, but if it sells guns then who can really blame them although I do feel they are aiming at the American market more and more

I,m just praying this new rifle is a HFT rifle based on the wolverine and hopefully electronic,, if it is then I can safely say I will be first in the line to get one

Mines already been tinkered with, a TTR1, chopped barrel, full Hugget mod, trigger job, KevG regulator running at 28ftlb.

No one but me would want it now :lol:

sounds very sweet Dave,

how does it shoot bud running at 28ftlb

sounds very sweet Dave,

how does it shoot bud running at 28ftlb

Pretty good, certainly okay enough for my needs. I don't tend to push the performance of air rifles but 28ftlb is about right for the barrel length. The Hugget mod is pretty quiet, there's just the noise of the hammer hitting the pip to contend with now.

I like the Daystate rifles, I had an early example in .177 and it was a joy to use and shoot. I'm not sure if I'm all that keen on the fangled electronics though, plenty to go wrong in the field. Rapid are almost bombproof, I tap the occasional nail in with mine.

Have a look on Matt Mannings "Airgun Show" on Youtube.

The Griffin is a Royale XL in a fancy laminate target style stock. Looks pretty enough to me :lol:

Cost is £1550, 150 will be made.

I for one like the LE's. And especially for "mole", I'd much rather have a Daystate LE than a bit of Hatstand snot clogging up my cupboard :yahoo:

Pretty good, certainly okay enough for my needs. I don't tend to push the performance of air rifles but 28ftlb is about right for the barrel length. The Hugget mod is pretty quiet, there's just the noise of the hammer hitting the pip to contend with now.

I like the Daystate rifles, I had an early example in .177 and it was a joy to use and shoot. I'm not sure if I'm all that keen on the fangled electronics though, plenty to go wrong in the field. Rapid are almost bombproof, I tap the occasional nail in with mine.

its a shame you didn,t live closer Dave, you could have borrowed my mct to put it through its paces, once you have used the electronics with the Airwolf you wont go back to mechanical, I was the same as you but its electronics all the way for me now

well here it is , the daystate griffin, basically a huntsman regal sitting in a Gary Cane designed stock, price as said is £1499, and its not even regulated , what a joke,

the%20griffin_zpsqerfsapz.jpg

well sod it ,,,I,m not waiting any longer to buy the wolverine E so instead I,m going to buy myself the Steyr LG110 HFT 2014,, for an extra £350 is will walk all over this wannabee daystate target rifle, feel let down by daddy belas again

Edited by evo