Looking for Permission Today

rosswoolridge

Put on a shirt and trousers today and went around some farms in my area, got the same 2 answers from all 9 farms- 'Someone already shoots here' or 'We havent got anything that needs shooting'...(Whilst im looking over at the field full of rooks ... :angry: )

I dont know whether im right, but im only 15 and I think this was putting people off, even though I did produce all the insurance documents and business cards, do you think this is the case?

Will be out again one night this week and see if I can sort any permission then...

Thanks

Ross.... :lol:

Put on a shirt and trousers today and went around some farms in my area, got the same 2 answers from all 9 farms- 'Someone already shoots here' or 'We havent got anything that needs shooting'...(Whilst im looking over at the field full of rooks ... :blush: )

I dont know whether im right, but im only 15 and I think this was putting people off, even though I did produce all the insurance documents and business cards, do you think this is the case?

Will be out again one night this week and see if I can sort any permission then...

Thanks

Ross.... :lol:

Try sending them a letter.....with a shooting permission slip......a business card.....and a cover letter....and make it clear that you are provididng a FREE service.......send it to a few local farms....i bet you get a resonse......farmrs love freebees....and when they are looking out their window javing a cup of char and see the birds flocking down they willreach for the business card and call you......

DFB

:angry:

Find somewhere with a problem, rabbit damage, and knock asking if you can get on them for the day only, say to him to look at how you respect his land and property and consider anything more after the day is up.

Show him a few brace of rabbit, clean up after yourself and respect his land - he doesn't have to commit to an open permission so its an easier decision to make and if you do right by him/her you might get more out of it.

Don't get downhearted you are going about it the right way. Don't be afraid to ask the question about your age, ask him if it is a problem or worries him in any way. If you are a member of the cadets or anything like that mention it to try and help convince him you won't be trying to shoot his lambs or any passing swans or whatever..

Good luck!

If the age thing is a problem, a letter might at least get you a positive reply, and he will be committed before you meet him. It's worth a try, particularly if you can put together an articulate and grammatically correct letter. Outline everything he needs to know, except your age, and enclose a stamped, addressed envelope. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Thanks for all the advice

I will keep asking anyway and get some letters posted to the more distant farms tomorrow, and go to a few more that I haven't already visited and deliver the letter in person, and try pins idea and see if I can get anywhere that way..... :angry:

Once again thanks, I have taken all your comments in and I will be using your suggestions in the future.... :lol:

Ross.. :lol:

Got talking to the butcher today at work who knew I had been looking for a shoot, and he's managed to secure me a 40 acre woodpigeon shoot out on his mates farm... :oops::yes::yes:

Apparently they are causing a right issue and over run in the fields so he is pleased someone will sort them out for him..

Chuffed to bits to say the least, just got to wait patiently for SGC to come through now.... :lol: B) :oops: