Pheasant shooting Boxing Day

ollie

This video is mainly from our pheasant shoot on Boxing Day 2015, in the Glens of Antrim Ireland. There are also a couple of clips at the start from 23rd December.

I have tried a new editing software on this video and to be honest I found it very complicated. The software is Powerdirector Ultra 14, I have a month free trial, so I would be interested in getting a idea of how everyone thinks this one compares to the videos I have made previously using Windows Moviemaker.

Onto the shooting. It was another dull windy day and the birds flew great, in fact, too good for me most of the day. It is without doubt the worst I have shot this season & I had some very poor misses, but also one very good fast pheasant that I some how hit!!!

Thanks for watching, keep an eye out for my best of 2015 video coming up in the New Year.

Please like the video, comment, share the video & subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXL__oYvbmKo0Ccm-vWRfw

Happy New Year

It looks good to me. I use Go Pro Studio, but tend to keep it simple and edit out lots of the long bits with nothing happening.

Your videos must take the prize for most dramatic scenery, there can't be many shoots where you are shooting birds literally heading out to sea!

Is there a reason you use semi autos on this one? Safety?

I can't comment on the new editing software, as I am no techie, but I enjoyed the video as I always do. :good:

First problem I can see with the software is that it didn't save in 1080, just 480. Whereas, using the Windows Media Player has always been 1080.

Thanks for watching Cranfield.

It looks good to me. I use Go Pro Studio, but tend to keep it simple and edit out lots of the long bits with nothing happening.

Your videos must take the prize for most dramatic scenery, there can't be many shoots where you are shooting birds literally heading out to sea!

Is there a reason you use semi autos on this one? Safety?

I think I will go back to Windows Media Player, much less technical & will save in 1080p.

To be honest it's a small family syndicate & we all use semi-autos, as these are the guns we always use for all types of shooting. I appreciate it isn't everyone's cup of tea for pheasants, but everyone is safe and it's a very informal shoot.

Nice one again Ollie. Nice also to see you are human and miss a few like the rest of us!

I think I'd need to shed a couple of stones and go into 6 months training to get up those hills on your shoot.

I couldn't believe I shot so bad. Don't get me wrong, the birds were difficult, but I should have been taking them down.

My Father is retired so he looks after most of the gamekeeping work; he is 62 and not a bit of weight on him. He skips around this shoot like a man half his age!!!

That's some demanding terrain to shoot over,your dog defo earns his keep :yes: another good clip mate well done :good: BB

Thanks BB. The dogs certainly enjoy it, but they need a couple of days rest after hunting on our shoot.

Good video Ollie, well done. I've only ever used GoPro studio which I find is simple and good to use. Your video came out a bit dark and as you mentioned above the video quality was below the usual resolution, I'm only pointing that out as a fellow editor and to provide feedback on the new software your using. I enjoyed the shooting and the video. Thanks for posting.

Good video Ollie, well done. I've only ever used GoPro studio which I find is simple and good to use. Your video came out a bit dark and as you mentioned above the video quality was below the usual resolution, I'm only pointing that out as a fellow editor and to provide feedback on the new software your using. I enjoyed the shooting and the video. Thanks for posting.

Thanks fella, I appreciate the feedback. Thankfully this software is only a free trial, so I think I will just go back to movie maker.