shooting jackets ShooterKing

oowee

Fed up of the poor performance of my Seeland jacket I took the opportunity whilst in my local gun shop to see what was available. There are some very nice looking Harkilla Jackets but at close to £500 they can stay in the shop. I was told that's the price you have to pay for good quality that will last years.

I just cant accept that you have to pay so much for a Jacket.

I have a £70 Jack Pyke camo coat which has lasted three seasons with only a small tare. The high vis nylon coat (not suggesting this for hunting) which i used on site today is as tough a coat you can get and very waterproof and costs in the region of £25.

Saw the you tube video of the ShooterKing gear being pulled through a hedge backwards and had a look at the site. I was impressed that they talk about the material used, and its performance rather than just the style and the price. Very few of the other manufacturers give that sort of information or offer a 5 year warranty.

Has anyone tried their stuff?

Edited by oowee

Full disclosure, I'm sponsored by Shooterking, but as such I've tested much of their range and I have to say the Greenland Suit is superb. Entirely waterproof, wind proof and made out of tough cordura. I've worn it in all conditions and was crashing through brambles in it yesterday without a mark on it. I also tested it with a pressure washer to ensure it was waterproof and stayed dry.

I sold my pro hunter suit after using the Shooterking kit, and haven't regretted it. I know first hand how much work they put into ensuring that the kit lasts the full five years and beyond the warranty.

For a jacket that good, I'd say £180 isn't that expensive when compared to the likes of Harkila, but there is a discount code available via my Facebook page if anyone would like it. (Link in signature). (Hope that's in order).