Checkley Wood Shrops Jan 2016

OJW

Hi guys,

Here is my video from a great day at Checkley Wood. The wind was really up and we had a great day. Me and my neighbour had some good banter shooting each others birds! On the final drive he was showering me with Pheasants!

Also on the final drive a Helicopter came out of nowhere right over my peg! No idea why he was flying so low!

Hope you enjoy.

some good shooting there mate :good: BB

obviously the chopper pilot thought differently :lol::lol: BB

Cheers pal, yes he flew over right where I had been shooting. That's never happened before on a driven shoot. I couldn't tell if it was police or someone checking a pipeline or something.

Very good

Thanks Reggie, glad you enjoyed.

Edited by OJW

That chopper was a bit low :oops: most probably military as there is a minimum 500 feet above ground level flying hight for everyone else usually. It would certainly be a talking point explaining what the "other" was on the game card :lol:

Yet another good video with some good shooting. Your mate on the next peg is just like magman and I when pegged next to each other :whistling: nothing wrong with a little poaching :ninja:

Thanks for sharing.

All the best,

SABS

Some lovely birds and some great shooting from you. I particularly liked the slow mo footage on the last drive.

I've shot there a few times myself. Is Ivor still around ?

Did the bird just prior to the helicopter almost hit you ?!

That chopper was a bit low :oops: most probably military as there is a minimum 500 feet above ground level flying hight for everyone else usually. It would certainly be a talking point explaining what the "other" was on the game card :lol:

Yet another good video with some good shooting. Your mate on the next peg is just like magman and I when pegged next to each other :whistling: nothing wrong with a little poaching :ninja:

Thanks for sharing.

All the best,

SABS

Haha yes, all good fun!

Some lovely birds and some great shooting from you. I particularly liked the slow mo footage on the last drive.

I've shot there a few times myself. Is Ivor still around ?

Did the bird just prior to the helicopter almost hit you ?!

Yes Ivor hosts the day and his son Nick is the head keeper. You're driven around in the yellow Skylark! Did you have good days there when you shot it? How has the remained of your season been by the way?

Glad you liked the slow mo, I had to take some out as the video was a bit long.

Yes it did, revenge for the ones I dropped on Drive 2 I suspect! He was a handy shot and great company.

Edited by OJW

Haha yes, all good fun!

Yes Ivor hosts the day and his son Nick is the head keeper. You're driven around in the yellow Skylark! Did you have good days there when you shot it? How has the remained of your season been by the way?

Glad you liked the slow mo, I had to take some out as the video was a bit long.

Yes it did, revenge for the ones I dropped on Drive 2 I suspect! He was a handy shot and great company.

I've had some decent days there. Done a lot of walked up partridge days with young field trials dogs, often with John Halstead, which have always been good.

Season still going ok - decent trip to Powys last Mon & Tues and then a couple of days woodcock shooting last Fri / Sat. Got two big days left next week and then onto pigeon (if PC lets any past) until Sept

Maybe we should add some days to the PW roving syndicate next season.........

I've had some decent days there. Done a lot of walked up partridge days with young field trials dogs, often with John Halstead, which have always been good.

Season still going ok - decent trip to Powys last Mon & Tues and then a couple of days woodcock shooting last Fri / Sat. Got two big days left next week and then onto pigeon (if PC lets any past) until Sept

Maybe we should add some days to the PW roving syndicate next season.........

Yes I've heard of the dog days he does there, sound good. You share the day with those training their dogs which sounds especially good. I'd shoot there again. I'm certainly up for trying to form a roving syndicate. Good idea.

I like the sound of that :yes::good:

What are the chances of premature pigeons for our shoot captain :whistling::lol:

Sounds like an excellent plan doesn't it? Haha, very high!

Edited by OJW