First Focal Plane scopes,worth it?

ratchers

I want one on my air arms s410 which I use for hunting pigeons,squirrels and corvids, no rabbits on my permission.
I know there are a few different ones such as Falcon Menace, Delta and just seen a new Optisan EVX one in a magazine article so wanted to know what other air rifle hunters think off them on an air rifle, is it worth it for the expense.

I want one on my air arms s410 which I use for hunting pigeons,squirrels and corvids, no rabbits on my permission.

I know there are a few different ones such as Falcon Menace, Delta and just seen a new Optisan EVX one in a magazine article so wanted to know what other air rifle hunters think off them on an air rifle, is it worth it for the expense.

save your money bud,, you are seriously paying for something that you don't need, lets be honest your only shooting to 50yrds max with an air rifle and that's only if your good at it so its more like 40yrds,,

get yourself a Hawke panorama EV AO IR 3 x 9 x 50 as it is more than you will ever need on a air arms s410 or any other air rifle for that matter, BUT if your full of money and a gun tart then go and buy one,, it wont be any better than the hawke at air rifle distances and that I can assure you of

Cheers evo, thats what I want to know, whether the extra cost is worth it or a waste of money, scope I got at the moment is ok being a mtc viper connect.

yes mate the mtc viper is a nice scope but I personally much prefer the reticule on the milldot panorama,s , they really are excellent glass for the money,

I would still like to hear from a air rifle shooter who uses one of these and any advantages they think they have.

Surely not having to know all different holdover/unders at different magnifications is an advantage with a ffp.

On an airgun, it's seemingly rare if shooting vermin to need to do much changing of magnification. In fact, my airgun stays on 8X all the time.

On an airgun, it's seemingly rare if shooting vermin to need to do much changing of magnification. In fact, my airgun stays on 8X all the time.

I used to use my Lightstream on 10x mag and leave it there for everything. That was on an FAC Theoben Rapid (which I no longer own, incidentally). Used in conjunction with a laser range finder, the mil-dots used to work brilliantly.

I would still like to hear from a air rifle shooter who uses one of these and any advantages they think they have.

Surely not having to know all different holdover/unders at different magnifications is an advantage with a ffp.

As I said above I have 2 on my centre and rimfires.a Steiner military tactical on my .270 and a falcon M18 on my 10/22 If I could afford another for my HW97k I'd swap my airmax EV in heart beat. I personaly find ffp way better than sfp.

As I said above I have 2 on my centre and rimfires.a Steiner military tactical on my .270 and a falcon M18 on my 10/22 If I could afford another for my HW97k I'd swap my airmax EV in heart beat. I personaly find ffp way better than sfp.

I used to use my Lightstream on 10x mag and leave it there for everything. That was on an FAC Theoben Rapid (which I no longer own, incidentally). Used in conjunction with a laser range finder, the mil-dots used to work brilliantly.

I'm sure we all do this most of the time, have it on a certain magnification and leave it there which begs the question why dont we just buy a fixed mag scope in the first place.

I thought being able to move your mag with a fpp scope and not have to worry about knowing holdover/under would be an advantage, some fpp scopes like the Falcon Menace aren't much more brass than the scope I have.

I'm sure we all do this most of the time, have it on a certain magnification and leave it there which begs the question why dont we just buy a fixed mag scope in the first place.

I thought being able to move your mag with a fpp scope and not have to worry about knowing holdover/under would be an advantage, some fpp scopes like the Falcon Menace aren't much more brass than the scope I have.

I had an MTC 10x fixed power scope before the Lightstream, and loved the 10x mag. However, the optical quality was poor in low light. When I saw the optical quality of the Lightstream, I was blown away, so sold the MTC for one. Since I knew I liked 10x mag, I just put the Lightstream on that and left it, with the parallax on 50 yards. In practice, I found I didn't have time when stalking bunnies to faff around with the mag or parallax. I just lased the target, read the range and shot on the corresponding mil-dot. Worked for me!