will pet ferrets , ferret

darren m

I think that alot of it has to do with instinct...and obviously the more work a ferret gets the more it learns about what if it should be doing.

When you say pet..it depends on hat you mean.......a really soppy and dopey 'house ferret' I would imagine would be poor......fat.....and lazy......and would probably get its throat ripped open if it pondered upon a large doe rat on young in a stop end!

a chap from a ferret rescue told me today that ferrets kept as pets wont work , as there too soft and tame .

what do you think :good:. can they be both , is it instinct or do they have to be trained ..

cheers

[/quote

what a load of **** the guy doesnt know ferrets my ferrets where always pets but it never stopped em working it's their natural instinkt sorry for the pun instinkt

:lol: Sounds like a good 'un have to try her out to see what she's like

Although i've no experience with ferrets we used to have a lab as kids who was a total house dog and we used to play with him the whole time but once you brought him hunting he was on the ball would flush and retrieve no problem.

If its in them its in them.

Stick a fat lazy thats never seen a women before in a room with one and he'll quickly figure out what to do.