Thoeben rapid, need help with filling!

COOK13

Basically iv been given this thoeben rapid and a divers tank, but with no filling adaptor or hose for the tank. Can anybody help me out with showing me what I need ? Thanks in advance :) it won't let me post any pics on my phone but it's the type with a removable compressed air tank at the front of the gun like this one http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/218940-theoben-theoben-rapid-7-with-24-barrel-22/

Sorry I don't have any model number etc, Iv been given it with no information at all so pardon my ignorance

Edited by COOK13

Unscrew it 1 full turn to 1 and a half or so you can see about a 1 1/2 mm gap where bottle screws on then just cock n fire till it goes flat if after about 10 shots it's still sounds healthy give it another half turn it should

Then just screw it on to bottle

Don't know if this makes any sense to you but this is what mate of mine says to do.

Look on 'Best fittings' site. you want an A clamp and A clamp block + hose etc.

Speak to them and they will advise.

Make sure bottle pressure is fully emptied by dry firing the gun before trying to unscrew buddy bottle.

I fitted a quick fill to mine, saves having to take buddy bottle off to fill and also gives you a pressure gauge on the gun.

What area are you in, it would be advisable for someone who knows showing you the procedure as the pressure involved is not to be messed with.

Edited by Good shot?

Unscrew it 1 full turn to 1 and a half or so you can see about a 1 1/2 mm gap where bottle screws on then just cock n fire till it goes flat if after about 10 shots it's still sounds healthy give it another half turn it should

Then just screw it on to bottle

Don't know if this makes any sense to you but this is what mate of mine says to do.

yep thats more or less the idea, unscrew the bottle off the gun (may need to dry fire a couple of times) just to loosen things up, the screw the (gun bottle) on to the dive bottle (if it has the fitting)

I know how to fill them up iv had quite a few pcp rifles before iv just never came across a thoeben before and iv always used a stirrup pump instead of a bottle so had no idea what fitting I needed for the bottle. Looks like a 1/4 inch thread. Thanks 'bladerunner2' that's exactly what I was looking for just wasn't sure where to get it, thanks for the replies guys!

Yes, it's got a gauge and bleed but no whip. Are there two types for Theoben bottles? I thought the whips are for PCPs with a fixed air reservoir?

My apologizes for any confusion mick, my comment was for any complete novice, i didnt want someone screwing a rapid bottle into a dive bottle (if it is possible to do) with no gauge an blowing them-selfs up..

Well, even if you could, I think TP on my bottle is 350bar and the burst pressure is much higher, dive bottle is at 300bar so the worst that would happen is the pressure would equalise at around 300bar.

Unscrewing it might be interesting as at some point the threads would strip and the bottle would be launched like a missile.

I've done this myself with a gauge and nitrogen gas when we were doing pre-commissioning checks on the LOGGS platform. Twas ever so exciting and I'm glad I didn't have my head over it at the time.

I gather buddy bottles don't tend to burst but split like a banana, don't know how true that is though.

Let's not try and find out though.

Edited by mick miller